• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
NNE Summer 2012

dryslot

Yesterday's 78/48 was just about perfect. Low 50s with ground fog this morning as dews begin to climb. Much as I have outdoor things to do Saturday (it's my weekend for nipping off the tomato vine tops, to help ensure existing fruit ripens before frost) , I'd love 1"+ of stratiform rain.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a day...

Morrisivlle, Montpelier, St Johnsbury all at 82F this hour, with 84F in Burlington. Dews in the upper 50s so it doesn't feel bad with a breeze... sunshine. Perfect for outdoor activities.

Even just hit 80F at 1,550ft base of the ski resort and the summit is in the upper 60s.

Well Springfield, VT in the CT River Valley (KVSF) is taking the cake today for the torch award.

No other ASOS in BTV's CWA is anywhere close to them.

Must be getting some localized downsloping because VSF dews are about 10F lower than anyone else, and their temp is about 8F higher than anyone else... lol at the 22% RH.

Also, Rutland has a dew in the 40s but their temp is 82F... is it possible to have a thin ribbon of Td that's like 10F lower than everywhere else? Both RUT and VSF are on the same latitude.

I almost wonder if there's something funky going on there, but with a west wind around 10mph they could be downsloping off the Greens.

In OOB. Nice day with a light sea breeze. Came through Crawford Notch, spectacular as always. Traffic wasnt too bad through N. Conway. Came down ME 117 and 112.

Make sure to hit Bill or Lisa's Pizza, The pier fries joint next door, And then top it off with DQ....... :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, Almost forgot, The Brunswick, Surf 6 or the bar at the end of the pier for a couple of pops...

Make sure to hit Bill or Lisa's Pizza, The pier fries joint next door, And then top it off with DQ....... :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, Almost forgot, The Brunswick, Surf 6 or the bar at the end of the pier for a couple of pops...

Standing on the beach in front of Palace Playland and the fog is so thick I can barely make out the pier.

Standing on the beach in front of Palace Playland and the fog is so thick I can barely make out the pier.

Onshore flow..............ftl, That sucks, Life living on the coast, I can remember many times dealing with what you are today, But also socked in clouds inland only to have mostly sunny skies at OOB as well

Man what a humid day...currently 69/68 and there's areas of mist/fog around the valley. Had a few rounds of showers move through and all afternoon its hovered in the low 70s after an early high of 82F around noon.

Looks like some good heavy rainers hitting mostly central VT now and training over the same areas now.

Allenson should be getting crushed with +RN in this... curious as to how much he ends up with.

Man what a humid day...currently 69/68 and there's areas of mist/fog around the valley. Had a few rounds of showers move through and all afternoon its hovered in the low 70s after an early high of 82F around noon.

Looks like some good heavy rainers hitting mostly central VT now and training over the same areas now.

Allenson should be getting crushed with +RN in this... curious as to how much he ends up with.

I hope he does, At least someone is seeing precip, It's needed just about everywhere

Nice timing. ;)

Thunder's been audible for an hour or so now but only starting to rain hard in the past few minutes.

We had one sonic boom of thunder unlike anything I've heard before. Almost sounded digital. It was long and moved from west to east.

Flashes all around now. Boom!

I hope he does, At least someone is seeing precip, It's needed just about everywhere

We seemed to have picked up 0.3-0.5" with that line of showers when it moved through. The MVL airport recorded 0.3" but its precip amounts have been highly suspect (on the low end) but maybe BTV fixed it or figured out what the issue was.

A nice needed rainfall. Its too bad though that all the rain we've gotten recently has been in absolute downpours that last about 45 minutes. I'd rather get like a 0.5" in 6 hours type of steady light rain up to 0.1"/hr type stuff to really soak the ground.

Oh well, looks like we're in for some good rain over the next several days.

Man is it roaring out right now. Lightning strikes very close--quite the display. No wind other than a puff or two here and there.

Dog's a basketcase and I've got three radar screens working.

Workin' on a Stella too. :drunk:

Awesome haha. It looks like you should be raining hard for a little while now.

I was up on Camels Hump this afternoon and made it back to the car right at the first clap of thunder. Timed it perfectly as it started to pour not 2 minutes after hitting the parking lot.

Saw the old 1930s plane wreck that's still sitting up at 3,500ft haha...

Onshore flow..............ftl, That sucks, Life living on the coast, I can remember many times dealing with what you are today, But also socked in clouds inland only to have mostly sunny skies at OOB as well

I'm just here today, my wife and son leave Sunday. I actually think it feels sort of nice and considering the images from VT that have been posted , this is better!

Man is it roaring out right now. Lightning strikes very close--quite the display. No wind other than a puff or two here and there.

Dog's a basketcase and I've got three radar screens working.

Workin' on a Stella too. :drunk:

Nice choice, Drinking a Captain's here, Watching Bon Jovi on Palladia, Waiting on the Pat's preseason game against the Saint's.............

Stella_Artois_can_and_bottle.png

Tapering off quieting down now after a fairly quick 0.60"ish

Nice choice, Drinking a Captain's here, Watching Bon Jovi on Palladia, Waiting on the Pat's preseason game against the Saint's.............

Yeah, they're tasty. As is some rum, of course.

Forgot about the Pats tonight. Thanks for the reminder--football already!

Tapering off quieting down now after a fairly quick 0.60"ish

Yeah, they're tasty. As is some rum, of course.

Forgot about the Pats tonight. Thanks for the reminder--football already!

I have a few Stella's when we are golfing, Can't go wrong with them, Football season is upon us and i associate it with fall and heading into the winter months......... :sled:

LOL, ticking them off. Get through the dog days all fall is ahead. We'll be calling first frosts before we know it.

Powder--cool photo of the plane wreck. I've heard of the one on Camels Hump but haven't been there. There's another one not far from here in NH. It's over on/around Smarts Mountain near Dartmouth Skiway. Haven't been to that one either but I did help someone track down some aerial photos of the area one time.

Anyway, steady light rain now with an occasional rumble. Back-building and perhaps another round en route from the SW.

Came back from OOB 95-101-93-89. Started seeing lightning and a few wet roads around Manchester. Never hit actual rain until Randolph, VT. Currently have a small storm with decent lightning ongoing.

Cool example of winds shifting around from offshore today in OOB. We were playing mini golf a couple mIles inland and it was pretty warm then the wind shifted and the fog started rolling in. Temps dropped nicely. Nice to travel across NNE through the different climatic and geographic zones. ME, NH and VT share a lot of similarities but each has it's own distinct character. That's one of the reasons that I love this part of the country so much.

Archived