happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
NNE Summer 2012

dryslot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zomg now a grey fox. What the hell is going on...lol.

Nice sighting--quite elusive and shy are the grey fox.

Never saw 80 here yesterday either. Got up to 75 after the sun finally broke out around 3:00 yesterday afternoon. Even though it was a little muggy, I found it very nice under the clouds yesterday but they're gone now.

Morning lows in the 40s in our forecast here for tomorrow and Tuesday AM. Rrefreshing!

Nice sighting--quite elusive and shy are the grey fox.

Never saw 80 here yesterday either. Got up to 75 after the sun finally broke out around 3:00 yesterday afternoon. Even though it was a little muggy, I found it very nice under the clouds yesterday but they're gone now.

Morning lows in the 40s in our forecast here for tomorrow and Tuesday AM. Rrefreshing!

I see grey foxes a few times a year, but that was my first bear that I've seen (although I know we've had them based on previous feeder damage). Strangely it's red foxes that have been elusive to me.

High of 75 today... with very low humidity at times under 30%. Dew point got down to 41F so if we go calm we should be able to hit a pretty nice overnight low here in the mountain valleys.

On the other side of Mansfield, the webcam from the BTV airport shows what a nice evening it is out there... a couple clouds over the Spine but that's about it.

I see grey foxes a few times a year, but that was my first bear that I've seen (although I know we've had them based on previous feeder damage). Strangely it's red foxes that have been elusive to me.

Its live free or die their, So the animals are living free in your yard

I think I remember you mentioning seeing them before. I've seen a few over the years but not many.

I've seen quite a few in this condition though--as seen from my truck in Bradford, VT a couple winters ago (nice dirty crusty snow): :cry:

5492666940_80091a1850.jpg

Had a delightful 75/53 yesterday, and low near 45 today, with at least one more 40s morning to come, maybe 2.

I've never seen a grey, but there aren't many foxes near my place. Their larger cousins are quite numerous (and noisy), which doesn't bode well for Reynard. Last month saw a very happy red fox about a mile south of the homestead, happy because of the COC pheasant in its mouth.

Had a delightful 75/53 yesterday, and low near 45 today, with at least one more 40s morning to come, maybe 2.

I've never seen a grey, but there aren't many foxes near my place. Their larger cousins are quite numerous (and noisy), which doesn't bode well for Reynard. Last month saw a very happy red fox about a mile south of the homestead, happy because of the COC pheasant in its mouth.

Yup, Coy dogs are quite numerous

July 9, 2012... Comparing Saranac, NY to Alaska OBSs yesterday.

From US National Weather Service Burlington VT,

http://www.facebook.....Burlington.gov

Below are two observations from this morning, one from Barrow, Alaska along the Arctic Ocean and the other from Saranac Lake, NY. Can you tell which is which?

A.) Fog, Visibility 1.75 miles, Overcast with a cloud base of 200 feet, 37 degrees with a dew point of 36 degrees, Humidity of 96%, Winds East-Northeast at 16 mph, Overnight low of 36 degrees.

B.) Fog, Visibility 0.25 miles, Vertical Visibility 100 feet, 39 degrees with a dew point of 39 degrees, Humidity of 100%, Winds Calm, Overnight low of 38 degrees.

They were 13 degrees below normal for the low temp yesterday

temps23.jpg

73/44 yesterday with a cool breeze, and about 2F cooler this morning. Today should land July's first 10 days right on my 14-yr avg.

There's been a really strong north-south gradient in temperature this month. Central Park is +6.3F for July and you're right at average. Nights have only been dropping into the mid-upper 60s here in the northern suburbs, and I've had to use my AC to sleep quite frequently. I could see this gradient continuing with a negative NAO block parking a vortex over Hudson Bay, with a strong jet over Southeast Canada. Areas to the south of the gradient could end with a very warm July. We are clearly seeing how a -NAO in mid-summer leads to warm temperatures over the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic, but cooler and more variable conditions in New England. With the short wavelengths, you have a ridge over the Southeast, troughing over NNE/Eastern Canada, and blocking over Greenland.

Almost exactly halfway between 42 and 43 this morning, but closer to 43, with high of 77. That puts my July so far at +0.3. Counting my blessings - family in Illinois is enjoying upper 80s yest/today after a string of triples with dews climbing to near 80 (saw an HI of 128 one day last week) and are about +10 or so for July. They're working on scraping/painting the house, and since the place was built in the 1950s, my son-in-law has to wear protective clothing (cool of the morning only, when it's still under 90) when doing prep work. They have four kids six and younger, so the lead is an especially serious concern.

Archived