• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
June 2012 Severe Weather/Convection Discussion

earthlight

OKX radar images from 1:53PM when we had hail in Great Neck Plaza out on Long Island. I was calling into OKX at the same moment to report the hail, which led to the warning being issued for N Nassau County. Dual Pol did a good job of nailing the hail. The red cross is where my office is located. 1st image is reflectivity & 2nd image is hybrid hydrometeor classification (HHC):

post-230-0-68222100-1340404147_thumb.png

post-230-0-39166200-1340404163_thumb.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the Union/Middlesex border. I think you needed to go 3 to 5 miles north because as I mentioned we got pounded here in Union cty.

Line of t-storms looked really impressive to our west around 5:45 pm, but here in northern Middlesex County, the line barely delivered 10 minutes of modest rain, some 20-25 mph "gusts" and that's about it. As of 6:20 pm, radar looks anemic in our area (Edison) and rain appears to be just about over, with nothing else coming. Which is good for us, as it's Junebug Artfest here in downtown Metuchen (every Friday 6-10 pm), and my wife is one of the artists displaying her stuff (cool photography), along with many others up and down Main Street - lots of music performers, crafts and the restaurants all have specials going on, too. C'mon down.

You had your moment of glory in the 2010 tor.

Lol I was in Fairfield, no where near that tornado. The last two times I saw a good storm was on Block Island in 2010/2009 and New Mexico in 2004.

The worst part was my fathers house(where I was tonight) was only a few streets down from the 2010 tornado.

Looks like Trials storm fizzled before it got to him, is SW CT the most boring area of the tri state for weather?

If you consider 4 to 5 inch an hour rates on 1/27 boring and close to 80 inches accumulation that winter.

Which is why posters from SW CT should be restricted to posting only in the SNE sub-forum (I hope I'm not talking out of both sides of my mouth). Sorry for the delayed response.

Archived