clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
June 2012 Severe Weather/Convection Discussion

earthlight

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of looked like shelf cloud near piscataway. Cool looking. Looks like a near miss though once again.

Getting fringe again here...loud thunder and gusty winds....looks like just to our north getting it good...oh well...congrats to the people that got to see some good stuff today

Looks like Trials storm fizzled before it got to him, is SW CT the most boring area of the tri state for weather?

If you consider 4 to 5 inch an hour rates on 1/27 boring and close to 80 inches accumulation that winter.

Storm.hasn't reached here yet plenty dark.

I did a little mini chase around the immediate area... the storm was almost overhead when I first went out so I got some pictures further south from the edge of the cell in Tenafly and Englewood. I rarely do storm chasing so for one of my only times that's the best I could get. It was also very windy at first but the winds then calmed down. As soon as I started to head back I got caught in one of the cells and had giant rain drops on my windshield. Might have been mixed in with some hail but I got out of there before it got worse. Wasn't very impressive but still the best storm of the year I've seen.

post-1753-0-57080200-1340402943_thumb.gi

post-1753-0-81927500-1340402945_thumb.gi

post-1753-0-68562200-1340402944_thumb.gi

Line of t-storms looked really impressive to our west around 5:45 pm, but here in northern Middlesex County, the line barely delivered 10 minutes of modest rain, some 20-25 mph "gusts" and that's about it. As of 6:20 pm, radar looks anemic in our area (Edison) and rain appears to be just about over, with nothing else coming. Which is good for us, as it's Junebug Artfest here in downtown Metuchen (every Friday 6-10 pm), and my wife is one of the artists displaying her stuff (cool photography), along with many others up and down Main Street - lots of music performers, crafts and the restaurants all have specials going on, too. C'mon down.

Archived