Total Members
    Most Online
    happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
June 2012 Severe Weather/Convection Discussion

earthlight

come on bra, tell us what you see haha

Rain was so insane I couldn't see 2 feet in front of my car. Just incredible rates. Lightning and thunder were spectacular.

Ag3 I just got home so I missed out on the earlier one. I'm sure it clipped my house too because I'm only like 5 blocks from the golf course, not exactly far west.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received approximately 0 raindrops here in New Brunswick. Woo hoo!

This was a NYC boroughs and Nassau County special.

I think everyone gets their turn later on with the storms in PA.

Speaking of storms, the one north of Poughkeepsie looks sick.

Rain was so insane I couldn't see 2 feet in front of my car. Just incredible rates. Lightning and thunder were spectacular.

Ag3 I just got home so I missed out on the earlier one. I'm sure it clipped my house too because I'm only like 5 blocks from the golf course, not exactly far west.

The one earlier had hail and winds that were easily past 40mph. Trees were bending hard and branches were snapping.

The storm just south of Brooklyn offshore had 2-inch hail with it according to Wunderground radar at 2 PM. It just missed me by 10 miles. :(

Does anyone have GR3Analyst in here? If so, can you post a screenshot or two if a storm becomes extremely severe in this area? (I.e. - wind shear velocities, gate-to-gate estimates, hail markers, etc.) Thanks.

The storm just south of Brooklyn offshore had 2-inch hail with it according to Wunderground radar at 2 PM. It just missed me by 10 miles. :(

Does anyone have GR3Analyst in here? If so, can you post a screenshot or two if a storm becomes extremely severe in this area? (I.e. - wind shear velocities, gate-to-gate estimates, hail markers, etc.) Thanks.

GR3 or GRLevel2 AE?

Also, I don't think this bout of storms will require any type of GTG estimates. :lol:

42 kt gust at JFK...not bad at all

There is nothing like your own wind gust estimate of 45-50 being officially verified...impressed JFK recorded 48, there are some good power outages all around me, Mineola has 2000 without power, Searingtown 1600...sandwiched in between, thank god i didnt lose power

Archived