Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
June observations and discussions...

ag3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS/Euro have highs of 86-92 from Thursday through Sunday.

NAM is much higher, especially for Friday, where the 100+ degree line is very close to the city.

GFS has a high of 88 for Friday and NAM is 98-100 degrees. Euro is similar to the GFS.

NAM for Friday is hour 78-84, which is well past the models useful range, so we have to see if it moderates as we get inside of 60 hours.

GFS/Euro have highs of 86-92 from Thursday through Sunday.

NAM is much higher, especially for Friday, where the 100+ degree line is very close to the city.

GFS has a high of 88 for Friday and NAM is 98-100 degrees. Euro is similar to the GFS.

NAM for Friday is hour 78-84, which is well past the models useful range, so we have to see if it moderates as we get inside of 60 hours.

I can't tell from the resolution but it looks like the Euro gets the 100 degree line close to Philly on Friday.

I can't tell from the resolution but it looks like the Euro gets the 100 degree line close to Philly on Friday.

Yup. 95-100 for the Philly area and for most of Jersey, south of Sandy Hook. It has that SSE flow for the City and east and keeps a tight gradient with temps of 82-85 for LI and 87-91 for NYC north and east.

SSE wind gradient might be overdone. Especially for NYC.

Yup. 95-100 for the Philly area and for most of Jersey, south of Sandy Hook. It has that SSE flow for the City and east and keeps a tight gradient with temps of 82-85 for LI and 87-91 for NYC north and east.

If that SSE flow verified, then we would really underperform those 20c 850's.

If that SSE flow verified, then we would really underperform those 20c 850's.

Thats the difference with the GFS/Euro and the NAM.

GFS/EURO keeps that SSE flow almost the whole time the 850's are above 20c while the NAM extends the westerly winds into all of LI for the same time period.

Should be interesting to watch and a tough forecast to make right now.

Could be one of these deals where JFK tops out at 85, while NYC and LGA top out at 95+.

Agree 100 percent. I slept with my window open last night. It felt so good.

If you don't want heat in the summer, move north, and if you don't want cold in the winter, move south. Don't get me wrong, I love this weather, but I like my summer 90s too.

The global models over-did the southeast wind forecasts for several days leading up to last weeks heat wave.

In this case, though, we have to watch it carefully with the departing upper air trof. There is a nice gradient setting up, regardless, and we should end up on the warm side of it for at least a day or two before height falls occur. This is a very warm ridge, too, and some of the models have warmer 850 temps than last week just off to our south. Areas that get under those temps aloft should be able to reach 100F.

But the gradient in our area still argues for an MCS or storms at least at some point.

Thats the difference with the GFS/Euro and the NAM.

GFS/EURO keeps that SSE flow almost the whole time the 850's are above 20c while the NAM extends the westerly winds into all of LI for the same time period.

Should be interesting to watch and a tough forecast to make right now.

Could be one of these deals where JFK tops out at 85, while NYC and LGA top out at 95+.

Yeah, the source region out where the drought is as hot as it gets this time of year.

A large portion of the country to our south and west will see record heat

as the ridge builds east. The number of all time monthly record highs and ties

have not let up since March.

AT 334 PM MDT...THE TEMPERATURE REACHED 105 DEGREES AT DENVER

INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. THIS READING TIES THE ALL TIME RECORD HIGH

TEMPERATURE IN DENVER...ALSO REACHED ON JULY 20 2005 AND AUGUST 8

THIS MARK ALSO BREAKS THE ALL TIME JUNE RECORD HIGH OF 104

DEGREES...AS WELL AS THE OLD RECORD OF 100 DEGREES FOR THIS DATE OF

100 DEGREES SET IN 1991.

Record daily high temperatures were also set earlier this month (old record in parentheses):

June 24 102 (100, 2007)

June 23 104 (102, 1954)

June 22 102 (98, 1874)

June 18 100 (99, 1990)

June 9 95 (tie, 2002)

June 4 94 (93, 2010)

Archived