Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
June observations and discussions...

ag3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Record highs at EWR, LGA, JFK just for starters.

Well the airports breaking a record by a few degrees in the 90's doesn't surprise me especially Newark since NY and NJ years ago apparently built a parking lot around the weather station. I was looking for 100+ records broken since most records are standing in the low 100's throughout the NE.

Well the airports breaking a record by a degree or two in the 90's doesn't surprise me especially Newark since NY and NJ years ago apparently built a parking lot around the weather station. I was looking for 100+ records broken since most records are standing in the low 100's throughout the NE.

You are not seeing record highs because the weather stations are located at airports.

The record warmth is being driven by the air mass.

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

540 PM EDT WED JUN 20 2012

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE TIED AT MOUNT POCONO...

THE HIGH TEMPERATURE REACHED 89 DEGREES AT MOUNT POCONO TODAY.

THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 89 DEGREES LAST SET IN 1953

Well the airports breaking a record by a few degrees in the 90's doesn't surprise me especially Newark since NY and NJ years ago apparently built a parking lot around the weather station. I was looking for 100+ records broken since most records are standing in the low 100's throughout the NE.

The 594dm ridge and 850 temps of +20 or more with west winds could have something to do with it too.

This isn't wishcasting lol....I think the heats gotten to you. Major NE trough coming after this brief sizzler.

610temp.new.gif

814temp.new.gif

It's seems lately when the models show cool it ends up being cooler then expected.

http://policlimate.c...anom_can_f.html

Hey, any official triple-digit temperatures in the Northeast? Many record highs are 100F +

oh Im not disputing it will be troughy and cooler and a bit below normal next week but Im reading my forecast from Mt Holly and 80, 76 and 78 the temp calls for Mon-Wed with chance of showers only on Monday and sun the latter two days. I am disputing this artic cold where we dig in our closets for our jackets and gloves

oh Im not disputing it will be troughy and cooler and a bit below normal next week but Im reading my forecast from Mt Holly and 80, 76 and 78 the temp calls for Mon-Wed with chance of showers only on Monday and sun the latter two days. I am disputing this artic cold where we dig in our closets for our jackets and gloves

First off who said we have to pull out our ski pants for this upcoming cool down? Secondly we all know that forecasts that far out are skewed toward climo. You can look at this current heat spell for evidence of forecasts getting warmer as the event approaches.

First off who said we have to pull out our ski pants for this upcoming cool down? Secondly we all know that forecasts that far out are skewed toward climo. You can look at this current heat spell for evidence of forecasts getting warmer as the event approaches.

Exactly, and also take a look at this past weekend when temps struggled to get to 70 with lows in the upper 40's in some spots. As we got closer and closer the forecasts got cooler and cooler. The same deal will most likely happen again next week and beyond. Good luck with that 78-80 forecasts . :axe:

It's disgustingly humid with a heat index in the 90s by my area, and temperatures still in the middle 80s.

How is that a nice night? :bag:

It's disgusting out tonight, I'm sitting at 87.5/76 here in Dobbs Ferry. My high was 93.8F, so the NWS was 4F too high in their forecast, but still a very uncomfortable day especially commuting into and out of NYC for my fellowship work.

DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC and Boston, all major cities did not break a record today. Tomorrow could be a different story for some.

3 out of 4 stations immediately surrounding Central Park, 2 of them in NYC, broke records. Central Park does not always represent what the whole city is experiencing.

3 out of 4 stations immediately surrounding Central Park, 2 of them in NYC, broke records. Central Park does not always represent what the whole city is experiencing.

While Central Park was reporting 92, a radio station was reporting that Times Square was 101 at the same time lol.. I was wondering where is that thermo placed? Are their buildings, cars, people, streets etc, surrounding this therm?

While Central Park was reporting 92, a radio station was reporting that Times Square was 101 at the same time lol.. I was wondering where is that thermo placed? Are their buildings, cars, people, streets etc, surrounding this therm?

Most of the millions in the city arent in the park. 98 here in C-NJ. The park will run lower on wet years because the growth - its been talked about on here many times. Its not an accurate depiction of the city in heat waves.

Archived