Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
June observations and discussions...

ag3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If NYC ends up with a hypothetical 96/69 as the daily high/low, that would put the day at a + 9.5 to +10.

Tomorrow will have much larger departures due to the low temp that wont drop below 75 tomorrow morning.

Through yesterday NYC is -47.5 in total departure.

3-5?

NAM has 95 overhead and im sitting at 94...pretty accurate in my book.

It was way off the last couple hours for stations in the NYC area, save for Newark. I think it was a little too excited with the jump in temps it was progging this morning and that in turn is affecting its accuracy on the hours following as well.

It was way off the last couple hours for stations in the NYC area, save for Newark. I think it was a little too excited with the jump in temps it was progging this morning and that in turn is affecting its accuracy on the hours following as well.

Still off. That map shows 97 very close to NYC and NYC is currently 92.

Yea like I said it's affecting its accuracy going into the afternoon because it shot the temps way too high way too early.

Up to 95.5 here...forecasted high was 95...not sure the deal is with the nyc reporting stations, very strange that all of queens, most of nassau and half of suffolk are higher than 92...and central park is at 92...something is wrong there...and JFK's reading must have been taken from a boat on jamaica bay.

I think Central Park ends up at around 94-95, LGA could have a shot at 97 and Newark 98-99. We didn't jump up enough from this morning, and the jungle effect might be keeping it a degree or two cool in Central Park. Tomorrow might be when more of the area could see 100, since we're starting out from higher temps and 850 temps look to be 20-21C.

Up to 95.5 here...forecasted high was 95...not sure the deal is with the nyc reporting stations, very strange that all of queens, most of nassau and half of suffolk are higher than 92...and central park is at 92...something is wrong there...and JFK's reading must have been taken from a boat on jamaica bay.

Well JFK's winds are from the SW; that'll do it. LGA has downsloping NW winds, and EWR is coming out of the west. Sea breezes...

Well JFK's winds are from the SW; that'll do it. LGA has downsloping NW winds, and EWR is coming out of the west. Sea breezes...

SW winds are not a real sea-breeze for JFK, im 2 miles away and its 93..now its 95...over the past 2 hours went from 95 to 90 to 95 on subtle wind shifts.

SW winds are not a real sea-breeze for JFK, im 2 miles away and its 93..now its 95...over the past 2 hours went from 95 to 90 to 95 on subtle wind shifts.

Well for JFK itself, SW might be enough...those 2 miles can be the difference between a land wind and a water wind I would think.

yea thats what i was getting at. That is your Weather station on weather under ground right? The Howard Beach reading? If you are at 93, now idea how JFK is 86...you are pretty much on airport grounds...7 degree difference?

Archived