Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
June observations and discussions...

ag3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A monthly high for June was tied in Nebraska as this heat began building east.

We'll see if some stations around our region can come within a few degrees of

monthly highs for June.

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 105 DEGREES WAS SET AT THE SIDNEY

NEBRASKA AIRPORT TODAY...JUNE 18TH. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF

100 DEGREES...WHICH WAS SET IN 2002.

THIS ALSO TIES THE ALL TIME RECORD HIGH FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE. THE

PREVIOUS RECORD WAS ALSO 105 DEGREES ON JUNE 14TH OF 2006.

A monthly high for June was tied in Nebraska as this heat began building east.

We'll see if some stations around our region can come within a few degrees of

monthly highs for June.

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 105 DEGREES WAS SET AT THE SIDNEY

NEBRASKA AIRPORT TODAY...JUNE 18TH. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF

100 DEGREES...WHICH WAS SET IN 2002.

THIS ALSO TIES THE ALL TIME RECORD HIGH FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE. THE

PREVIOUS RECORD WAS ALSO 105 DEGREES ON JUNE 14TH OF 2006.

Do you happen to know what the record was prior to that 2002 one? Thanks.

Sidney is not listed on the Threadex data page for Nebraska so the three highest readings for any given

date are not available.

I'm sorry I made a mistake. I meant to ask what the previous all time record high for June was prior to the 2006 one.

NAM has all of NYC into the low 90's by 11am:

06znamtmaxint_FL009.gif

Unless the city stations all jump 10 degrees with the next report coming at 11am I'd say this busted pretty badly. You never know but I doubt it will verify.

Unless the city stations all jump 10 degrees with the next report coming at 11am I'd say this busted pretty badly. You never know but I doubt it will verify.

12z NAM also has NYC, NJ and a lot of LI into the low 90's as well by 11am, in a half hour:

temp3.gif

I'm sorry I made a mistake. I meant to ask what the previous all time record high for June was prior to the 2006 one.

It may have been 103 back in 1989. The interesting thing with the tie this year was that

it hit 104 on the 17th before the 105 on the 18th.

My building (and specifically my floor which is the top floor no less) is notorious for becoming somewhat of an easy bake oven when it's hot outside. There's no air conditioning and the sun blasts it all day.

Yea a lot of us like cold and snow but we actually go outside to enjoy the cold and snow. Some of these heat lovers either track the heat from a nice cool environment or dip in the pool or go to the beach, which are actually methods of escape from the heat.

Winterwarlock might be the only nut that actually sits out there in the heat and genuinely enjoys sweating and baking.

How does one enjoy the cold? It just feels bad and even painful sometimes. I guess everyone is just different, the same way you feel about heat is the way I feel about cold.

I don't bake and sweat (excessively) in the heat, it doesn't bother me the way cold weather does. I guess I just have a high heat tolerance.

87 in SE Queens, no AC or pool today.

EWR 100 degree June heat

EWR:

6/9/2011: 102

6/15/1994: 101

6/19/1993: 102

6/19/1994: 102

6/21/1952: 100

6/22/1988: 100

6/25/1943 100

6/26/1952: 102

6/27/1966: 101

6/29/1959: 100

all of those years saw the heat return... btw you're forgetting 1953

Temps are just sky rocketing.. I think a lot of stations will hit 90 by 11 AM. Up to 89 myself over here. If not 90, i'm sure we'll see a lot of temps in that 88-89 range.

How does one enjoy the cold? It just feels bad and even painful sometimes. I guess everyone is just different, the same way you feel about heat is the way I feel about cold.

I don't bake and sweat (excessively) in the heat, it doesn't bother me the way cold weather does. I guess I just have a high heat tolerance.

87 in SE Queens, no AC or pool today.

Sorry you can't find a way to enjoy it. Many people do like to sit by the fireside with a blanket and hot cocoa on a bitter cold day and snuggle with the ones we love and either read a good book, listen to music or watch a movie. Of course then there are the rare snow events too. Many people also enjoy taking a brisk walk while breathing in the fresh cold air or a nice jebwalk. ;)

I love summer too. I was a camp counselor for 5 years and had the best summers of my life doing that job which is outside all day long in 95 degree heat mostly with limited swim time. I also love to experience a solid severe T-storm in the summer. I think it is sad when people can't find a way to enjoy all the seasons. If the cold is so intolerable to you I implore you, if you and people like winterwarlock have the option, to move to a climate more sutiable for your preferences.

Archived