Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
June observations and discussions...

ag3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tomorrow night and Thursday night could set record high minimums for the dates......

6/20 76 in 1892 74 in 1987 74 in 1943+ 6/21 77 in 1953 77 in 1923 76 in 1988+ 6/22 76 in 1941 76 in 1872 75 in 1988+ 6/23 77 in 1888 76 in 1910 76 in 1909

June's warmest minimums...

81 6/26/1952

79 6/10/1984

79 6/24/1909

79 6/26/2003

79 6/30/1945

79 6/30/1959

Agree Unc. I think EWR, NYC and LGA have a good shot at 79F+ minima both Wed and Thurs night. I'm fairly confident LGA's looking at low 80s for both nights.

Also, we'll have a very high launching pad Friday morning, most temps in the 77-82 degree range. Depending upon afternoon cloudcover, I think temps could make a run at 95 for much of the area. As others have noted Sat/Sun has fairly warm 850's and could feature 85-90F temps.

Agree Unc. I think EWR, NYC and LGA have a good shot at 79F+ minima both Wed and Thurs night. I'm fairly confident LGA's looking at low 80s for both nights.

LGA barely dropped below 80 during the heat stretch this past March for crying out loud. If they do get near 100 they'll be over 90 even near midnight (if some type of fluke wind direction doesn't ruin it, that is.)

Also, we'll have a very high launching pad Friday morning, most temps in the 77-82 degree range. Depending upon afternoon cloudcover, I think temps could make a run at 95 for much of the area. As others have noted Sat/Sun has fairly warm 850's and could feature 85-90F temps.

The models are already trending a bit slower with the cold front on Friday - some models, especially the NAM/GFS, had issues with the development of the low pressure over the north central US, with last night's/this morning's runs much faster with the low development today compared to the initialized conditions at 18z, which is resulting a later developing/slower low pressure. This trend may perhaps limit the heat a bit for tomorrow/Thursday, but would increase the heat chances for Friday, as temperatures are already very warm to begin with as you stated, already reaching the 90s by 15z depending on any approaching rain/cloud cover. The latest 0z NAM, despite slowing down, has rain/storms in the afternoon to limit the warmth, although if there's enough sunshine and less rain I also wouldn't be surprised if temperatures get close to 95 degrees.

what a slap in the face early next week.. after 850 temps in the 20-22 range... going down to perhaps as low as the 0-4 range.. ouch! That is an impressive upper low sitting near us for this time of year.

After the next few days in the 90's and perhaps the hottest part of the summer . ...Jackets may be pulled out of the closet next week along with the umbrella. Long stretch of coolness coming. Looks like a Summer that may feature brief heat followed by long stretches of near to below normal temps.

After the next few days in the 90's and perhaps the hottest part of the summer . ...Jackets may be pulled out of the closet next week along with the umbrella. Long stretch of coolness coming. Looks like a Summer that may feature brief heat followed by long stretches of near to below normal temps.

looks to be 3 - 4 days (6/25 - 6/29) things moderate by fri/sat the 29th/30th.

I doubt that we see the heat return again, it looks like we are going to get some pretty good blocking in, and we could be stuck in a trough for about a week.

not so much heat but the gfs is aoa normal once to the 29th.

Wow what a difference from yesterday evening. It still felt rather cool and not that humid. I walk out the door this morning and it hit me like a punch in the face. What a nasty airmass. There's no way people enjoy this.

a little wishful thinking here by you and others, it will cool down next week but we just had some days in the low 70s, it will not be worse than that. I laugh at posters declaring this the last heat of the season. Just last week the same posters were saying no heat on the horizon.

Everyone enjoy the day and look forward to the official start of summer tonight. The heat is on.

a little wishful thinking here by you and others, it will cool down next week but we just had some days in the low 70s, it will not be worse than that. I laugh at posters declaring this the last heat of the season. Just last week the same posters were saying no heat on the horizon.

Everyone enjoy the day and look forward to the official start of summer tonight. The heat is on.

the heat wave sets a precedent and everyone knows it. so much squirming and wishcasting

Agreed. While the last week of June will be seasonal to slightly below, models are already hinting at the next heat surge for early July.

Even transient heat surges can last 3 days and be very hot. Just like now.

the heat wave sets a precedent and everyone knows it. so much squirming and wishcasting

I don't know if it sets a precedent for more heat necessarily. Didn't most summers that were near normal or below have big time heat in June? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wow what a difference from yesterday evening. It still felt rather cool and not that humid. I walk out the door this morning and it hit me like a punch in the face. What a nasty airmass. There's no way people enjoy this.

What a horrible and disgusting day already.

People have to understand that some love heat just like we love snow and cold.

Not fair to keep complaining about it.

Let the heat lovers enjoy their passion.

Heat is whatever but when coupled with humidity it's disgusting. There's no way someone can enjoy high dewpoints.

Its definitely the humidity that makes it disgusting, already awful outside, there's nothing pleasant about this kind of heat. Most of us don't have time to go to the beach or a pool on a Wed afternoon.

My building (and specifically my floor which is the top floor no less) is notorious for becoming somewhat of an easy bake oven when it's hot outside. There's no air conditioning and the sun blasts it all day.

Yea a lot of us like cold and snow but we actually go outside to enjoy the cold and snow. Some of these heat lovers either track the heat from a nice cool environment or dip in the pool or go to the beach, which are actually methods of escape from the heat.

Winterwarlock might be the only nut that actually sits out there in the heat and genuinely enjoys sweating and baking.

Archived