Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
June observations and discussions...

ag3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clouds slow to break. Temps hovering in the mid 60s to around 70. Occasional break here in C-NJ. Looks for pronoucned in the next hour or 2.

Thinking we may see some 90s Tue and wouldnt rule out Sat/Sun some of the warmer spots. 12z gfs Looks like a transient cool down delayed till around the 25th/26th. GFS lala range showing some high heat to open July. Lets see where the rest of the guidance takes us today...

It feels awesome outside right now. Temperature is 60 degrees. Too bad later this week with the high dew point and temperature values that the windows in the house will have to be shut until the weekend.

It's a beautiful night...I only made it to 69.2F today. I'm at 59.8/55 and hoping to make it to the lower 50s in Westchester.

It's a beautiful night...I only made it to 69.2F today. I'm at 59.8/55 and hoping to make it to the lower 50s in Westchester.

Yeah it's gorgeous. Felt like late September sitting outside for Father's Day.

High was also 69F here. Down to 55F now. Tomorrow's fcst highs have been decreased a bit, low 70s.

Agree. After the fantastic weather we had this weekend, why would anyone in their sober mind want to go through oppressive 95-100 degree heat with dew points in the 70's?

Who knows? These past few days and nights have been spectacular. No need for air conditioning, windows have been up at night. Now it's all about air conditioning, extremely hot car interior, and no fun in the sun because it'll be unbearable Good thing it won't last too long though, not a prolonged heat spell but I don't know if we'll see anything like we've recently seen until mid to late August or so.

Who knows? These past few days and nights have been spectacular. No need for air conditioning, windows have been up at night. Now it's all about air conditioning, extremely hot car interior, and no fun in the sun because it'll be unbearable Good thing it won't last too long though, not a prolonged heat spell but I don't know if we'll see anything like we've recently seen until mid to late August or so.

A/C...lol

Only wimps use A/C

Agree. After the fantastic weather we had this weekend, why would anyone in their sober mind want to go through oppressive 95-100 degree heat with dew points in the 70's?

because hot and humid in the summer is the same as snow in the winter, why would anyone want bitter cold, ice and snow all over the place...same thing. People do like hot sultry weather where everyone is wearing skimpy clothing

because hot and humid in the summer is the same as snow in the winter, why would anyone want bitter cold, ice and snow all over the place...same thing. People do like hot sultry weather where everyone is wearing skimpy clothing

I dont kno about u....but i normally dont see skimpy clad coeds when im mowing...

So far some of the 00z guidance is now backing off to upper 80s on wed sref only has 87-88 and the 00z GFS struggles to get to 90. will see if this leads to the correction we have seen every warm up the past 2 months. any how I think Thursday will be the hottest day.

The SREF mean has slightly went up from its previous run with 90 in NYC on Wednesday and can be cool biased during heat spells especially when some members are too cool, and the cool biased GFS hasn't changed for Wednesday; when it shows 90-95 degrees during surges of heat it's often a signal highs could reach 95-100 degrees. 0z ECM trended hotter as well after only showing 90 degrees for Wednesday with its 12z run yesterday. The only model I saw trended colder for Wednesday is the CMC, but after all it's the model that was the latest to catch onto the correct heat scenario. Wednesday probably isn't going to be as hot as Thursday but I have no doubt it will still end up in the 90s, with 100 degrees possible in some areas just west of NYC on Thursday.

NYC is -33 for the month of June so far. Today should be around a -6 and tomorrow also around a -2.

A 2 day heat wave of even 95 degrees, will erase maybe 15-20 degrees off that and keep NYC in the negative with still around -15 left.

Looking ahead to after the mini heat wave, a big time trough looks to set up in the northeast for the last week of June. We have a decent shot at the 1st negative departure since October of 2011.

00zECMWFENS6-10day850mbTempAnomalyNA.gif

test8.gif

NYC is -33 for the month of June so far. Today should be around a -6 and tomorrow also around a -2.

A 2 day heat wave of even 95 degrees, will erase maybe 15-20 degrees off that and keep NYC in the negative with still around -20 left.

Looking ahead of the heat wave, a big time trough looks to set up in the northeast for the last week of June. We have a decent shot at the 1st negative departure since October of 2011.

00zECMWFENS6-10day850mbTempAnomalyNA.gif

test8.gif

there's no cold at the surface. http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/ENSTDEP2_6z/tloop.html

Archived