• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
June observations and discussions...

ag3

Even with all this blocking, NYC has only managed 5/11 negative departures for June, and 2 of those 5 were -1 days, so really only 3 solid negatives. I agree though we're only looking at near to slightly above normal departures through D7. But I think it'll be fairly easy to finish this month +, given the NAO is already relaxing, and the coolest temp departures are probably done for June.

I am thinking that NYC may finish the month in the Normal to +1 range but it will really depend on how things go beyond

the 10 day period until the end of the month.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clouds really hung tough today especially in NE-NJ/NYC keeping temps lower. Depsite the clouds and cooler temps it looks like we're still in the black with stations having positive daily departures.

High low (dep)

NYC: 77/66 (+2)

EWR: 75/68 (+1)

LGA: 78/67 (+2)

JFK:

TTN: 79/64 (+3)

Models have the temps reaching the lower 60's before midnight so those departures can change by then.

Looks like light rain starts tomorrow afternoon/evening and lasts through Wednesday afternoon/evening with the bulk of the rain falling Wednesday early morning.

For your job and winterwarlock, tomorrow morning and early afternoon might be doable. Wednesday looks like a washout, especially in the morning hours.

I think we get most of the day in tomorrow, Im also thinking the rain is done around daybreak Wednesday so probably a full day there as well. Mt Holly seems to think it moves quick like

EWR is down to 70, meanwhile TEB is 79

edit: I just noticed they were 74 last hour so that 79 seems suspect

Teterboro sometimes has these odd 1-hour temperature spikes that seem suspect and make it the warmest station in the area. I'm not sure what causes it to do that although I doubt it's actually 79 degrees in Teterboro right now.

I think we get most of the day in tomorrow, Im also thinking the rain is done around daybreak Wednesday so probably a full day there as well. Mt Holly seems to think it moves quick like

Euro has solid rain until Wednesday afternoon.

Heat looks non existant next 2 weeks

...D. Sutherland doesn't think so..he thinks heat will be building

and heading east late in his forecast period (june 16-22)..could get

downright hot around here around the time of the solstice..hope he's right !!

...D. Sutherland doesn't think so..he thinks heat will be building

and heading east late in his forecast period (june 16-22)..could get

downright hot around here around the time of the solstice..hope he's right !!

There's no indication of anything sustained right now. We could use a cooler summer this year.. I don't think it will be below average, but another scorcher wouldn't give anyone a break.

break from what?

2009 was not that long ago and quite frankly last summer after the mega heat was pretty poor in August

June 11 didnt feature much sustained hear once past the first week of June. 00z still kind of delays any heat signal past father day. Still think it blasts east at some point next week.

even the dgex isn't showing any kind of heat. After last summer, its a good thing. Its nice to be near normal for once, and dry too! Dont see any major precip producers on the horizon after tody and even that could be hit or miss for some.

Archived