Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like it's the very end of MAy into about mid June when things get out. Tomorrow doesn't look outbreakish..Looks more like a rogue 50 mile gust or 2..and most likely ENY and W Ma..maybe NW CT

It certainly doesn't.

You also said June 1, 2011 would be a spot 50 gust and a pulser or two. So the KFS doesn't have the best track record.

I do think we'll see some storms fire up with the chance one could flirt with severe criteria. If we can generate enough instability wind fields strengthen nicely by 21z-00z plus we're in a nice looking right entrance region of a 250mb jet streak. This is more interesting than any thunder threat we've had in like 8 months lol.

It certainly doesn't.

You also said June 1, 2011 would be a spot 50 gust and a pulser or two. So the KFS doesn't have the best track record.

I do think we'll see some storms fire up with the chance one could flirt with severe criteria. If we can generate enough instability wind fields strengthen nicely by 21z-00z plus we're in a nice looking right entrance region of a 250mb jet streak. This is more interesting than any thunder threat we've had in like 8 months lol.

My reverse psychology worked well on June 1..so maybe it'll work tomorrow.

Now you're gonna have WIz all worked up over tomorrow..wit drunken posts from Fenway this afternoon

Now you're gonna have WIz all worked up over tomorrow..wit drunken posts from Fenway this afternoon

Your posts about June 1 were dead serious for the first 3 days.

I snuck down for the last three outs of the game last night and fulfilled a bucket list requirement...sat behind home plate during a red sox game.

If it's still on the table and as explosive 00z tonight..then we can start to think it's for real.

This time I am serious and am downplaying

SREFs have decent probs tomorrow, but it may be elevated stuff too.

I think anything worthwhile and surface based stays from Berks and NW CT on west.

Yeah I envision the usual bombs in ENY that march in Western Mass and you get all psyched up and we watch them die and get their cloud tops tangled up in MRG hair and we're left with sprinkles and anvils

CT River valley points west... as usual.

SREFs have decent probs tomorrow, but it may be elevated stuff too.

I think anything worthwhile and surface based stays from Berks and NW CT on west.

Yeah it's sort of threading the needle but we'll see if we can get lucky. Models have looked more and more impressive last couple runs. Thinking it's a BDL-BAF points west kind of deal but leftover thunder to the east?

shove the upper system further south please

Yeah best forcing and shear is north... best instability south. What else is new.

I think there's a corridor between NYC and ALB that could get lucky particularly if we get more sun than expected. There also may be an area of nice low level shear too depending on how things play out in the mesoscale.

Yeah best forcing and shear is north... best instability south. What else is new.

I think there's a corridor between NYC and ALB that could get lucky particularly if we get more sun than expected. There also may be an area of nice low level shear too depending on how things play out in the mesoscale.

Amazing how much sun we had yesterday and now again today..Tomorrow when we want it, we won't get any

Yeah it's sort of threading the needle but we'll see if we can get lucky. Models have looked more and more impressive last couple runs. Thinking it's a BDL-BAF points west kind of deal but leftover thunder to the east?

Yeah Albany gets hit good on the NAM. Shear (just the winds aloft) look pretty good actually. Just a question of instability out there I guess.

Archived