Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's about perfect for BTV this time of year...remember though he's running mostly within a mile or two of the lake the whole time and sometimes right on the immediate shore. BTV ASOS is 3-4 miles inland and often a tick warmer than downtown and lake front.

Lake temp is 45F which is warmer than normal but any west wind gusts will blow refreshing air over a good portion of the course....especially the Rec Path parts where you fall in the water if you trip.

You gonna be around town that weekend?

The mesoscale models did an awesome job with the BDF. Mentioned it last night at 11.

Yeah they did. I actually put it in my TAF yesterday morning and it worked out well. I wasn't sure at first with the NAM and RPM being aggressive with it, but the euro parked it right over BOS so I figured it was likely when I saw that. Not that it affects operations with VFR conditions...but one of those things you would have never saw if you just looked at the GFS.

pretty much perfect spring up here. early warmth meant early tilling and planting. The cold snaps mostly underperformed so I didn't lose any greens, and the apple and peach orchards survived. Now the drought concerns have ended and we are getting warm sunny days interspersed with bouts of soaking rains. If we can get and maintain warmth by this weekend I'll be planting tomatoes in May...always the goal.

I dunno..Looks like downpours tomorrow evening when he's playing at 6:00 and possibly some storng to severe storms around on Wed afternoon/evening

It could be wet... but since he's be in IJD I think he may get lucky with heaviest west.

As for Wednesday yeah spot storms possible in the afternoon/evening. Not sure exactly how that transpires yet... models are all over the place with timing.

You can't "invent" conditions centered on your perception.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

Running and driving by some rivers around here..they are def still low to very low for the time of year. If this week doesn't pan out..we could be getting into bigger trouble going forward with the warmer and drier than normal progs

Archived