Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spectacular weekend, hit 80 in Greenfield today, mostly sunny. Could use a little rain this week for my attempt at establishing a section of lawn in the front yard.

ot: at lunch today the lovely, young hostess kneeled down to say hi to my one year old and he proceeded to reach out and pull her shirt down giving dad a full an unobstructed view!

- spent the ride home getting questioned why I didn't avert my eyes quicker. lol.

Spectacular weekend, hit 80 in Greenfield today, mostly sunny. Could use a little rain this week for my attempt at establishing a section of lawn in the front yard.

ot: at lunch today the lovely, young hostess kneeled down to say hi to my one year old and he proceeded to reach out and pull her shirt down giving dad a full an unobstructed view!

- spent the ride home getting questioned why I didn't avert my eyes quicker. lol.

Boobs are cool

I love kids, wives will never understand our eyes move fast only when counting snowflakes.

Just tell her that you were noting how repulsive the hostess's assets were compared to hers. The shock of the contrast left you transfixed.

This may be a bit of a rain bust for many areas. Looks like the best forcing is setting up west.

I'm going to the Red Sox game on Tuesday and after the Red Sox game they did their Accuwx forecast and the met said that Tuesday could be the washout day there. I then looked at the models and asked myself wtf he was looking at b/c it appeared to me that the strongest forcing would be off to our west, in fact, CT would have a better chance of steadier/heavier rains than Boston would. Plus, looks like the better moisture would also just be off to our west.

As of now for Boston I see mostly just a chance for some on and off showers on Tuesday but don't think the game should be in jeopardy.

Keep the rain events coming... Though the weekend was spectacular and I am hugely grateful that a couple of back to back top -10er days of the year landed on a weekend, having it be 84/45 is going to reduce the benefit of the recent rains we had - rains that were to correct a bit of the drought.

As of May 8, the U.S. D monitor had inserted D2 conditions back into the area despite recent rains. Today and yesterday are not helping!

I hope we get lots of rain this week. Alas! I kind of concur with Ryan in that the better frontalysis axis of convergence and forcing aligns W - could change in time.

By the way... most of the 200mb velocity potential anomalies off the majors are flagging favorable Caribbean and SW Atlantic Basin TC conditions over the next week. These operational runs that are detonating in those areas have some backing.

So no huge soaker for anyone, but maybe someone gets 1.0" this week?

The pros at BOX seem to feel we're going to get soaked here. At least I consider 2-3" of rain a good soaking. It's timed over a long duration as well so it will truly soak in. Nice to see temps staying in the 60's as the bonus. Love the cool rainy weather Spring brings.

Tonight: Showers likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 54. Light northwest wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Monday: Showers before 1pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 1pm and 4pm, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 4pm. Patchy fog between 7am and 8am, then Patchy fog between 1pm and 2pm. High near 62. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Monday Night: Showers. Patchy fog. Low around 52. South wind between 4 and 7 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tuesday: Showers. High near 62. South wind between 3 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: Showers. Patchy fog between midnight and 1am, then Patchy fog after 2am. Low around 51. Southeast wind between 7 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Wednesday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

The pros at BOX seem to feel we're going to get soaked here. At least I consider 2-3" of rain a good soaking. It's timed over a long duration as well so it will truly soak in. Nice to see temps staying in the 60's as the bonus. Love the cool rainy weather Spring brings.

Tonight: Showers likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 54. Light northwest wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Monday: Showers before 1pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 1pm and 4pm, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 4pm. Patchy fog between 7am and 8am, then Patchy fog between 1pm and 2pm. High near 62. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Monday Night: Showers. Patchy fog. Low around 52. South wind between 4 and 7 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tuesday: Showers. High near 62. South wind between 3 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: Showers. Patchy fog between midnight and 1am, then Patchy fog after 2am. Low around 51. Southeast wind between 7 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Wednesday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Hey Pete! Congrats on the +20 today up at your place, ORH normal high is 65 they were +15 with a high of 80, obviously you being in the arctic circle your average high must be around 58-62ish. Congrats on the largest Positive departure in sne today:)

It really is amazing how no matter what we do..none of the 4 SNE climo sites can record a month below normal. It makes you wonder WTF is happening to the world.

Its getting a little creepy, apparently we are a nation of warmth on a cooling globe

Hey Pete! Congrats on the +20 today up at your place, ORH normal high is 65 they were +15 with a high of 80, obviously you being in the arctic circle your average high must be around 58-62ish. Congrats on the largest Positive departure in sne today:)

When can you golf in June? Can you duck out of work during the week? Trying to set a date and want you to play. As for the warmth today it was pleasant after the week of cold dreary windy weather we just went through. Looks like this week is going to be cool and wet as well. By early June the courses are all going to be in awesome shape. It's a good thing to because in the blink of an eye the days will be getting shorter as we descend towards another awesome winter.

Keep the rain events coming... Though the weekend was spectacular and I am hugely grateful that a couple of back to back top -10er days of the year landed on a weekend, having it be 84/45 is going to reduce the benefit of the recent rains we had - rains that were to correct a bit of the drought.

As of May 8, the U.S. D monitor had inserted D2 conditions back into the area despite recent rains. Today and yesterday are not helping!

I hope we get lots of rain this week. Alas! I kind of concur with Ryan in that the better frontalysis axis of convergence and forcing aligns W - could change in time.

By the way... most of the 200mb velocity potential anomalies off the majors are flagging favorable Caribbean and SW Atlantic Basin TC conditions over the next week. These operational runs that are detonating in those areas have some backing.

We are no where near drought conditions, reservoirs are full, rivers are full, soil conditions are moist.

Archived