Newest Member
    Monty
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

happy mothers day ladies:)

another stunning day, sultan doom and gloom cancel? Looks humid and well above normal this week thanks to toasty overnight mins.

Perfect for my days off, gonna lay out

Monday: A chance of showers, mainly after noon. Areas of fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Calm wind becoming south between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday Night: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 57. South wind between 6 and 9 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tuesday: Showers likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 66. South wind between 6 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: Rain likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 55. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Wednesday: Rain likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 9am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 73. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Currently at KMQE right now. Noticeable inversion this morning W-NE with smoke layer below it. KMQE has been warmer than surrounding areas most of the day as a sea breeze late this morning is knocking coastal temps down. KBOS is currently 10 degrees cooler than here, and that's only 10 miles. Clearing here began around noon with diurnal cu starting to form and providing a nice variety of cirrus.

High temp of 80 thus far, will be higher though.

Currently at KMQE right now. Noticeable inversion this morning W-NE with smoke layer below it. KMQE has been warmer than surrounding areas most of the day as a sea breeze late this morning is knocking coastal temps down. KBOS is currently 10 degrees cooler than here, and that's only 10 miles. Clearing here began around noon with diurnal cu starting to form and providing a nice variety of cirrus.

High temp of 80 thus far, will be higher though.

Seabreeze looks very localized near BOS. Many times Logan has like a 090 wind and my wind is S or SW. That's only about 5 or 6 miles away.

Seabreeze looks very localized near BOS. Many times Logan has like a 090 wind and my wind is S or SW. That's only about 5 or 6 miles away.

It does, and winds are only 6-8 mph which is impressive in regards to how much of an impact that has on local temps. I'm about to head out now and KMQE is 14 degrees warmer than KBOS as of 2:00 EDT.

High temp of 82 so far; 3 degrees shy of a record of 85 set back in 1947.

Monday: A chance of showers, mainly after noon. Areas of fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Calm wind becoming south between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Monday Night: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 57. South wind between 6 and 9 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tuesday: Showers likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 66. South wind between 6 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: Rain likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 55. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Wednesday: Rain likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 9am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 73. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Certainly a far cry from chilly southeast winds and temps in the 50s and low 60s for highs. Thur-sun look awesome, warm one today and yesterday!

Torch! Top 5 summer weekend for sure, hope you enjoyed it!:)

How is it looking longer term after the nice weekend next weekend? This is the time of the year when it is time to figure out when to plant the warm weather crops, i.e. tomatoes, peppers, beans. Sometimes I take a chance and do it in mid-late May if the pattern looks seasonable to warm. Can be a tough call up here.

Archived