• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

Maybe snow yes but not more int wx. No way. Less severe, less effects from tropical systems, less high wind events , and 100x more cool and backdoor misery than we ever get

I wish you would just move to nw ct already. Great schools, beautiful towns, 60+ " of snow on average for a lot of places, tons of inhabitable places over 1300' and decent amounts of severe. Also gets damn windy sometimes. If you wanna stay in sne make the move!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah there are some spots up there that are just perfect. Close to really nice restaurants, bars, music venues. You can easily find a house over 1000 feet and be less than 10 minutes to good restaurants and civilization.

Parts of my hood get toward 1100' and I'm 1.5 minutes driving from applebees, walmart, price chopper, target, t bell, mcdicks wendys etc etc. Fishing skiing hiking all within 15 minutes. Heeyaww

PF is missing an upslope event, probably snowing above 2500 at Mansfield

I know...definitely snowing up there all night.

31-32 at the summit station with ripping NW winds of 40G55.

Only station in northern/central VT showing precip is Morrisville-Stowe Airport which has been raining at 44F (typical of upslope that's the only ASOS in VT to show precip. Usual 10-15F reduction gives the low 30s readings in that 3500-4400ft range.

If I were home I bet the top is white this morning. Chest deep snow though still on some of the eastern Europe mountain passes up around 5000ft...that makes up for missing a coating at 4K at home. Cant wait for Norway during the last two weeks this month.

Some nice upslope rain shower action along the spine of the Taconics, Berkshires, and Green Mountains right now. If it were winter we'd be getting some nice snowfall. Quite cold out there tonight with the rain and NW winds at 44° F. Definitely doesn't feel like May. Love it!

The joys of living in the upslope region in the warm season...rain and low clouds when others are enjoying nice weather and clearing out. But the flip side is just another way to produce rain in a dry pattern.

"That mountain out back is making it rain."

Thankfully the last cool wx of the season this morning and tomorrow morning and then that's it till Sept/Oct. Summer is upon us

Assuming the definition of chilly is temperatures <50, I'd take that bet. During the meteorological summer period (June 1-August 31), BDL averages an annual summer low of 42.9F, and hasn't had a summer in 60+ years that did not fall below 50 at least once. BDL also averages 1.1 summer days per year with a low temperature of less than 45. Even during the hot 2010 and 2011 summers BDL still found a way to fall to 45 and 46 respectively.

The MAV has 81/33 for CON tomorrow. Heck of a range, but the 81 seems really high given 850 temps. There will be WAA continuing during the afternoon although MU70s sound more realistic.

I could see 80. I noticed a bit of a westerly component to the wind on the euro.

The joys of living in the upslope region in the warm season...rain and low clouds when others are enjoying nice weather and clearing out. But the flip side is just another way to produce rain in a dry pattern.

"That mountain out back is making it rain."

I think a combination of upslope and lake enhancement made for quite a crappy cold rainy day yesterday. Ruined my golf night (or maybe it was my case of the shanks - absolutely terrible).

Well, it does burn well, but it's really crappy splitting. Knots galore.

Where are you cutting these maples from, your front yard? The maple I've cut from the middle of the woods have split fine for me. Not like ash, but seemingly no worse than the other hardwoods.

Oh, and anyone who says there is nothing to do in the country has never been there. I can never keep up with all my projects.

And bars only accesable by snowmobile are awsome.

BOOOOO.... :banned:

Just kidding. I obviously have a bias toward keeping maples around. lol

What could you possibly hate about Maples? Bizarre city people.

These aren't the nice maples...they're the Norwegian maples with those horrible, messy helicopter seeds among other disasters. They do nothing, but leave a huge mess by dropping crap two different times in the Spring. I hate them.

These aren't the nice maples...they're the Norwegian maples with those horrible, messy helicopter seeds among other disasters. They do nothing, but leave a huge mess by dropping crap two different times in the Spring. I hate them.

Agree, billions in the air yesterday, messing up my newly mulched beds, get in gutters they suck.

Well, looks like these next three days are about as good as it gets, looking forward to a little beach time........finally. Looks like another week of water incoming, gfs was pretty depressing.

Where are you cutting these maples from, your front yard? The maple I've cut from the middle of the woods have split fine for me. Not like ash, but seemingly no worse than the other hardwoods.

Oh, and anyone who says there is nothing to do in the country has never been there. I can never keep up with all my projects.

And bars only accesable by snowmobile are awsome.

Totally agree on the bolded.

The maple experience is from both 'yard' ones and wooded ones. The number of branches they have make for a ton of knots. Of course, the splitter gets through them, but the knots can make for some gnarly splits. Nothing like the cherry that I take down. Nothing eaiser than those.

Agree, billions in the air yesterday, messing up my newly mulched beds, get in gutters they suck.

Well, looks like these next three days are about as good as it gets, looking forward to a little beach time........finally. Looks like another week of water incoming, gfs was pretty depressing.

Not sure it will be as bad as the 06z GFS suggests, but they'll be rain.

Archived