Newest Member
    Monty
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But this time with convection and mugginess..which folks are going to hate lol

I think you and I are usually on the same page for liking severe cold and snow in the winter and brutal heat and humidity in the summer...so I will welcome dews near 70F with open arms. I prefer the 100+/60 over the 90-95/75 days though, but last July was great in that 7/21 we had the latter and a day later we had the former.

I think you and I are usually on the same page for liking severe cold and snow in the winter and brutal heat and humidity in the summer...so I will welcome dews near 70F with open arms. I prefer the 100+/60 over the 90-95/75 days though, but last July was great in that 7/21 we had the latter and a day later we had the former.

Yeah you and I agree on having the seasons actually be the seasons..except that I'd prefer high dews to accompany it. 95/45 is meh

LOL..then NO!!

But Scooter already forecasted a cooldown that weekend..so we're good

I'm going to make your run the best..lol.

This is what the EC ensembles show. But, a forecast for no real prolonged big heat..like days of 80+ Tippy Nape sweating heat..is what I stand by.

Yeah you and I agree on having the seasons actually be the seasons..except that I'd prefer high dews to accompany it. 95/45 is meh

What I mean is that it's difficult to get 100+ here without a westerly downslope. Last July we had the high dews with mid 90s, but we needed that trough to kick through on the next day to give us full sun and downsloping westerlies to crank it up to 100-104F. The tradeoff for that is slightly lower dews.

What I mean is that it's difficult to get 100+ here without a westerly downslope. Last July we had the high dews with mid 90s, but we needed that trough to kick through on the next day to give us full sun and downsloping westerlies to crank it up to 100-104F. The tradeoff for that is slightly lower dews.

Same here. The downslope is one example, but dry heat also has the ability to warm more efficiently, than humid air. I know you know this, but just saying in general.

I'm going to make your run the best..lol.

This is what the EC ensembles show. But, a forecast for no real prolonged big heat..like days of 80+ Tippy Nape sweating heat..is what I stand by.

So your're calling for a high 76 and sunny for now with dews near 50..That would mean race time at 8:00am would be 55-60 and sunny FTW

I think we can lock that in. Seems reasonable based on ens and weeklies

LOL, you would normally throw them out in favor of a torch, but since your marathon is coming up...you are buying it. It looks reasonable for now, but just remember...we are really far out..lol.

No I def don't want to live in isolation like MRG does, and have no friends or neighbors or amenities close by..But there's plenty of places in Litchfield Cty that are well over 1,000 feet that are still civilized and within 10-15 minutes you can be in a hot spot with nightlife or big stores or whatever you want. I've been all over that area..and there are some prime spots.

If you think living anywhere in WMA is living in isolation you haven't been anywhere remotely isolated. As for friends and neighbors there are plenty and we have a great social life. If I want "big stores and nightlife" I just head to Northampton. You have a bizarre view of life here in GC. Just because you live in the country doesn't mean you're a hermit.

Yeah you don't need a sprawling metropolis, but if your idea of fun is a run down bar only accessible by snow mobile...good luck to you.

You're as bad as Kevin. City boys. pfft.

Some nice upslope rain shower action along the spine of the Taconics, Berkshires, and Green Mountains right now. If it were winter we'd be getting some nice snowfall. Quite cold out there tonight with the rain and NW winds at 44° F. Definitely doesn't feel like May. Love it!

Yeah, def a cooler feel to it...

45/41 attm

Some nice upslope rain shower action along the spine of the Taconics, Berkshires, and Green Mountains right now. If it were winter we'd be getting some nice snowfall. Quite cold out there tonight with the rain and NW winds at 44° F. Definitely doesn't feel like May. Love it!

Yep. Had the first night of the golf league tonight at Worthington and it was chilly with the wind and occasional showers. Won the match though.I swear it felt like it was going to snow.

Frigid at my nephews's little league game this evening. ;) Mid 40's and some light wind whipped showers. Made me yearn for Autumn ..only 3.5 months and we are there.

I'm working on some advanced planning for my fall hike weekend ..looking at maybe the White Mountains this year and expect some flakes there in late October.

Yep. Had the first night of the golf league tonight at Worthington and it was chilly with the wind and occasional showers. Won the match though.I swear it felt like it was going to snow.

Archived