• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

No I def don't want to live in isolation like MRG does, and have no friends or neighbors or amenities close by..But there's plenty of places in Litchfield Cty that are well over 1,000 feet that are still civilized and within 10-15 minutes you can be in a hot spot with nightlife or big stores or whatever you want. I've been all over that area..and there are some prime spots.

Yeah there are some spots up there that are just perfect. Close to really nice restaurants, bars, music venues. You can easily find a house over 1000 feet and be less than 10 minutes to good restaurants and civilization.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah there are some spots up there that are just perfect. Close to really nice restaurants, bars, music venues. You can easily find a house over 1000 feet and be less than 10 minutes to good restaurants and civilization.

Yeah there are some great areas . If I could convince Jen to look in that area, I'd move there in a heartbeat. But now that the kids have established friendships and Tollands good school system, it will be just about impossible for that to happen.

Yeah there are some great areas . If I could convince Jen to look in that area, I'd move there in a heartbeat. But now that the kids have established friendships and Tollands good school system, it will be just about impossible for that to happen.

I try to do the same..lol. Maybe when I'm older.

HAHA, that's what happens when you try to hang with the big dogs.

That was in my pre-running days too lol. The funny thing is I remember everything about that night..even asking Will to pull over,,getting out of the car at home..etc. I get wicked motion sickness..and when I drink and ride in the backseat that happens often. If I go on a boat, I have to take dramamine the day before..and even on the roller coaster at Santa's Villageor Storyland in NH it makes me feel sick and I can only ride it once and then burp it out for the next 15 minutes. Can't go on any sppining rides like teacups and stuff like that.

That was in my pre-running days too lol. The funny thing is I remember everything about that night..even asking Will to pull over,,getting out of the car at home. I get wicked motion sickness..and when I drink and ride in the backseat that happens often. If I go on a boat, I have to take dramamine the day before..and even on the roller coaster at Santa's Village it makes me feel sick and I can only ride it once and then burp it out for the next 15 minutes. Can't go on any sppining rides like teacups and stuff like that.

It's all good. One of those funny moments that's all. If Ryan has us over, we can all puke in his house.

There's about 5 pools in my neighborhood or in nearby hoods that friends let us use.

Most everyone here would agree interior>coast. We can visit the coast and enjoy it without enduring the wx misery living near it causes.

We are going to Ocean City, NJ the first week of August. Prob do a long weekend in NH

See you there dude...I'll be there that same week. Staying near the boardwalk..it's a great vacation spot and family place, but do not travel there on Saturday...turnover day and traffic is unreal.

See you there dude...I'll be there that same week. Staying near the boardwalk..it's a great vacation spot and family place, but do not travel there on Saturday...turnover day and traffic is unreal.

Going with my wife's brother and sister and all their kids. Renting some huge house not far from the Boardwalk..Yeah there will be no Saturday travel

Going with my wife's brother and sister and all their kids. Renting some huge house not far from the Boardwalk..Yeah there will be no Saturday travel

we're going to Monday to Wed (9 days)--my folks got a house for 2 weeks on Park Place. We did it last year (right after Irene) and it was a blast.

Island is dry-no liquor stores or booze in restaurants. BYOB vote was yesterday and it lost in a landslide.

<strong></strong><strong></strong>&lt;strong&gt;&lt;/strong&gt;

>

Yeah there are some spots up there that are just perfect. Close to really nice restaurants, bars, music venues. You can easily find a house over 1000 feet and be less than 10 minutes to good restaurants and civilization.>

&lt;strong&gt;&lt;/strong&gt;<strong></strong><strong></strong>

&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;<strong></strong><strong></strong>

<strong></strong><strong></strong>

Sounds like living in Stowe or numerous resort towns in VT or NH...we have awesome restaurants run by chefs that left New York City or Boston to live in the mountains, a surprisingly good music scene, the performing arts vented with Broadway plays and acoustic music acts like James Taylor.  Plus 120-150&amp;quot; per year in town depending on where you live and how close to Mansfield you are.  Big stores, more culture and college town plus airport in BTV 45 minutes away...its not as out there as most think.  Pete definitely lives in a more rural area than we do up here.<strong></strong>

<strong></strong>

I will say I wish I lived near the coast in the summer...a lot of my ski bum friends go to Nantucket or the Cape for the summer and that sounds like fun.  Following the tourists...though I do enjoy how frequently we get into the 40s up here at night in the summer and lows above 60 are rare.<strong></strong><strong></strong>

&lt;/p&gt;</p></p>

we're going to Monday to Wed (9 days)--my folks got a house for 2 weeks on Park Place. We did it last year (right after Irene) and it was a blast.

Island is dry-no liquor stores or booze in restaurants. BYOB vote was yesterday and it lost in a landslide.

Lemme find out what the name of the street is we're staying on..

oh yeah baby

billions of helicopters flying thru the air from maples, stick em to your nose ho's

gardens done! Time to cut........

see ya

hitting the drink a bit early I see....LOL. On that note, Sunday sales (in CT) of Libations starts 5/20

as far as the white's go...the hiking is better IMO but as for places where you can live AND reap the benefits of snow in your back yard..most liveable spots near the whites are 1000-1800 and not wonderful snowfall wise... would think more like 100-120....less than comparable elevations in the greens...speaking of the greens

.i think there's prolly some hill towns in the central greens that do better than stowe (120-150)...prolly some towns near 2500' in spots that get 175 -185 annually BUT in the middle of nowhere as far i know.

Nice deluge on the euro for early next week after a nice weekend. The d10 prog is pretty useless on the op, but taken literally it would be a hot one with west flow and 850s around 14C. Of course that'll change next run, but the 00z ens were pumping up a ridge into the eastern US as well.

Nice deluge on the euro for early next week after a nice weekend. The d10 prog is pretty useless on the op, but taken literally it would be a hot one with west flow and 850s around 14C. Of course that'll change next run, but the 00z ens were pumping up a ridge into the eastern US as well.

Big theme next week on Euro..is muggy muggy muggy..TP index of 7 or hiugher

Archived