• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

If you believe the NAM's FRH grid tomorrow and Saturday are off the charts, epically gorgeous weather days.

Rim to rim blue heavens with light off-shore winds average 280 to 320 degrees, with T1 of 15C and 21C respectively offers, up an easy high of 68F and 74F in the 2-meter temperatures at max heating/sun.

It's been interesting to see the runs slowly but ultimately cave away from the closed off instability profile for this trough heading into Saturday, keeping it now progressive. I suspect the handling of the NAO domain is partial in that with rising NAO values the block is crumbling, and things can resume moving right along.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you believe the NAM's FRH grid tomorrow and Saturday are off the charts, epically gorgeous weather days.

Rim to rim blue heavens with light off-shore winds average 280 to 320 degrees, with T1 of 15C and 21C respectively offers, up an easy high of 68F and 74F in the 2-meter temperatures at max heating/sun.

It's been interesting to see the runs slowly but ultimately cave away from the closed off instability profile for this trough heading into Saturday, keeping it now progressive. I suspect the handling of the NAO domain is partial in that with rising NAO values the block is crumbling, and things can resume moving right along.

Nice to see you peeling your lips off mom's car tailpipe in the garage. Summer is here my friend.

Enjoy pools, yard, kids, garden, storms, high dews , not worrying about seabreezes ruining the day,just to name a few. Not living near the beach means you don't take it for granted and actually look forward to trips to the beach

There's no pools where you are. Who wants to stare at grass all day? Poor interior folks.

Anyways, you going to NH this year?

Enjoy pools, yard, kids, garden, storms, high dews , not worrying about seabreezes ruining the day,just to name a few. Not living near the beach means you don't take it for granted and actually look forward to trips to the beach

I totally miss living near the Ocean in the summer, so much to do, so many great cooling breezes. Many days when the interior is baking with murky skies you get days like this at the beach. Looking inland. Interior CT in winter Southern RI in summer would be my preference and with Mom stil there it's a nice alternative during the triple HHH days.

25535092.jpg

There's no pools where you are. Who wants to stare at grass all day? Poor interior folks.

Anyways, you going to NH this year?

There's about 5 pools in my neighborhood or in nearby hoods that friends let us use.

Most everyone here would agree interior>coast. We can visit the coast and enjoy it without enduring the wx misery living near it causes.

We are going to Ocean City, NJ the first week of August. Prob do a long weekend in NH

There's about 5 pools in my neighborhood or in nearby hoods that friends let us use.

Most everyone here would agree interior>coast. We can visit the coast and enjoy it without enduring the wx misery living near it causes.

We are going to Ocean City, NJ the first week of August. Prob do a long weekend in NH

You are grossly misinformed about summer weather at the coast, take it in a heartbeat over where I live now.

You're right Ginx. There are so many days that are BKN Cu here and you head down to the sound and it's crystal clear with a tiny cu field visible south over Long Island and a big/dense one north on the sea breeze front. If it wasn't such a haul from work I'd live down there in a second.

Mark this day down. Ryan actually liking and agreeing with something Ginx posts. This is a first and probably a last

The Sultan of Szygy is right on this one. I've lived in both places and I think there's really not a question the place to be in summer is on the shoreline. The one thing I'd miss is good thunderstorms.... there's no comparison that the CT River valley doesn't infinitely better than the CT shoreline for svr.

Winters around HVN are great because you still get good snow and there's nothing better than +SN with 30 knot gusts while HFD has a 4 knot breeze. Winters near GON though just are too terrible.

The Sultan of Szygy is right on this one. I've lived in both places and I think there's really not a question the place to be in summer is on the shoreline. The one thing I'd miss is good thunderstorms.... there's no comparison that the CT River valley doesn't infinitely better than the CT shoreline for svr.

Winters around HVN are great because you still get good snow and there's nothing better than +SN with 30 knot gusts while HFD has a 4 knot breeze. Winters near GON though just are too terrible.

Dont get me wrong. I love to visit the ocean and spend a week or 2 there, but I wouldn't want to live there. If I ever did live near the water it would either be in NC or SC where you get canes and plenty of severe wx, but only if I was forced to. Personally I could not live on or near the water as long as I am in New England. As it is my climate is still influenced by the water to some degree and I live pretty far inland

Dont get me wrong. I love to visit the ocean and spend a week or 2 there, but I wouldn't want to live there. If I ever did live near the water it would either be in NC or SC where you get canes and plenty of severe wx, but only if I was forced to. Personally I could not live on or near the water as long as I am I'm New England. As it is my climate is still influenced by the water to some degree and I pretty far inland

LOL, parts of coastal NE MA have about as much snow as you and way more interesting wx.

Maybe snow yes but not more int wx. No way. Less severe, less effects from tropical systems, less high wind events , and 100x more cool and backdoor misery than we ever get

NE Mass is like a mini severe corridor.

CT Valley and west into Litchfield Hills/Berkshire is probably best spot in SNE but there's an area in NE Mass that tends to do well.

As far as tstm arguments go, that's kind of weak sauce imo. We don't get much severe anyways. It's not like weekly derechos hit the interior and then weaken as they head east. So the interior might get two more storms that produce 40kt winds and rip down a termite infested limb. La dee fooking da.

Maybe snow yes but not more int wx. No way. Less severe, less effects from tropical systems, less high wind events , and 100x more cool and backdoor misery than we ever get

NE MA way better wx than your area. Period. Mini severe area that does better than your area and better winter wx.

I guess if you get off on holding a rotting 3" snowpack in March, Tolland is the place to be!

Hey I'd much rather live in the high spots of Litchfield Cty than where I do..But as far as interesting wx.in the state the high ground in the NE Hills is 2nd best to Litchfield Cty. So until the kids are grown or I win the lottery this is where it's at..One day I will live up in the Whites in NH..one day

Hey I'd much rather live in the high spots of Litchfield Cty than where I do..But as far as interesting wx.in the state the high ground in the NE Hills is 2nd best to Litchfield Cty. So until the kids are grown or I win the lottery this is where it's at..One day I will live up in the Whites in NH..one day

Eh, you don't want to be in the middle of nowhere either. I'm with you on the Whites. The only caveat is the water, but I guess Lake Winni is nice in that regard.

Eh, you don't want to be in the middle of nowhere either. I'm with you on the Whites. The only caveat is the water, but I guess Lake Winni is nice in that regard.

No I def don't want to live in isolation like MRG does, and have no friends or neighbors or amenities close by..But there's plenty of places in Litchfield Cty that are well over 1,000 feet that are still civilized and within 10-15 minutes you can be in a hot spot with nightlife or big stores or whatever you want. I've been all over that area..and there are some prime spots.

No I def don't want to live in isolation like MRG does, and have no friends or neighbors or amenities close by..But there's plenty of places in Litchfield Cty that are well over 1,000 feet that are still civilized and within 10-15 minutes you can be in a hot spot with nightlife or big stores or whatever you want. I've been all over that area..and there are some prime spots.

Yeah you don't need a sprawling metropolis, but if your idea of fun is a run down bar only accessible by snow mobile...good luck to you.

Archived