Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is more to wx than thickness maps..lol. Besides, the wx got a little better after the hrs that I saw on the euro...until a low moves up the coast again. This pattern offers rain chances for the next 2+ weeks so thats good.

Overall next week looks sort of muggy with a few chances of showers/storms and temps above normal due to the higher dews

I think those afore mentioned areas will get some showers , but the main heavy rain shield stays 1-95 southeast once past Philly

I don't think the euro is OTL looking at the 12z maps right now. It does not have much moving into NYC at all. Remember that miny screw zone I said from BOS-ORH-BDL? That's gonna happen relatively speaking. However, this area should get a decent drink later and I think you will too. This should get its act together after 00z.

Euro right on track as rains breaking out across south central pa and over the delmarva on west. Nam looks pretty good too. Should be outta here by dawn at least down this way yielding 4 much deserved dry days with lower dews. Its swampy out there

Check out the rain down near DC. See how it gets together now? That's the mid level frontogenesis band and associated LLJ trying to back around and develop precip to the NW as the trough digs. That's what I was referring to earlier. Starting now, so we'll see how far back it gets. They'll be heavier elements in that rain shield.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=17#

Check out the rain down near DC. See how it gets together now? That's the mid level frontogenesis band and associated LLJ trying to back around and develop precip to the NW as the trough digs. That's what I was referring to earlier. Starting now, so we'll see how far back it gets. They'll be heavier elements in that rain shield.

http://www.spc.noaa.....php?sector=17#

You taught a good lesson on that. Learned something new today.

Archived