• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
May weather discussion

Mr Torchey

Total QPF for you is around 0.8" or so from now through Thursday aftn. That's vs 00z which was maybe 0.45" or so. But, I could see some wiggle room here or there so don't take it verbatim...but it did moisten you up a bit.

Well that's kind of what I was asking Phil earlier before Dan attacked me...I wonder if most of that is from convective stuff, vs the coastal..It seems like the coastal stuff is relegated for areas out east

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's kind of what I was asking Phil earlier before Dan attacked me...Iwonder if most of that is from convective stuff, vs the coastal..It seems like the coastal stuff is relegated for areas out east

I don't think it was convection. It looked stratiform to me. But sometimes convection can go nuts east of the Delmarva and mess around the processes that creates the stratiform rain. But, the trough really digs, so the idea is probably correct.

Well that's kind of what I was asking Phil earlier before Dan attacked me...I wonder if most of that is from convective stuff, vs the coastal..It seems like the coastal stuff is relegated for areas out east

Not an attack, more like a jab... it's your bread and butter.

It's really nice in the interior. Maybe seabreeze stuff on the coast liek ctsnow said..but overall looks nice on the euro. Sunday could be pretty mild.

Call me Ed haha

But yeah, typical torch spots on a SW flow should do very nicely...sounding data this far out shows some high clouds..something to watch.

Looks warm for the foreseeable future...only one miserable day and today isn't even that bad. Maybe it will clear out in time for the sox game Thursday?

Even the GFS has everything cleared out by 0z Friday..it may be miserable (aka 50F with a stiff east wind and maybe some drizzle) but they'll def play.

Nice, honest to goodness overrunning sheet rainstorm today. We really need it as we're still in a big deficit for the year and we missed out on the best rains from the nor'easter a few years ago. The nice thing about these overrunning rains is that there's not as much local shafting or surplusing as mid-level banding and topography aren't playing as much of a role compared to a wound up nor'easter. Topography plays a bigger role when the wind field is stronger and mid-level banding doesn't seem to be too prevalent in these types of events.

Nice, honest to goodness overrunning sheet rainstorm today. We really need it as we're still in a big deficit for the year and we missed out on the best rains from the nor'easter a few years ago. The nice thing about these overrunning rains is that there's not as much local shafting or surplusing as mid-level banding and topography aren't playing as much of a role compared to a wound up nor'easter. Topography plays a bigger role when the wind field is stronger and mid-level banding doesn't seem to be too prevalent in these types of events.

Raining steadily here in the Monadnocks at 47F. AFN has .54" so far with heavier echoes on the doorstep. Very dreary day but we look to break into warmth tomorrow.

Toilet paper is such an effective barrier against microorganisms.

Better to just lean...no contact.

I worked with this dude who would never use a toilet other than his at home or in hotels if it was travel.

About 0.25" at home when I left...light rain here at work

Thats me...wont even go at family members houses etc lol. Kinda ocd

Other than a overnight shower, just starting to sprinkle here. Taking a while for the shield to move east

Essentially what these operational runs are suggesting for the middle and extended ranges are just about what you'd expect given the teleconnector spread.

We are losing CAA potential is what it all points to. The N-stream retreats N - this is likely associated with the tandem rise in both the AO/NAO domains.

Heights are in no hurry rise, but do start slowly elevating by day from 5.5-10. It's really kind of a quasi-COL pattern in the lower levels. Days that smell like DP rich air in the mornings type of thing. And with generally weak gradients pointed off-shore, there might be some s-breeze that penetrate 5-10 miles in, otherwise 76-82F/54-60DP days may kick in D6-10.

Archived