• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
March, in May........SNE finally gets its XXX winter trough

Mr Torchey

Westborough Mass... The sky is different now. Instead of featureless gray abyss, the cloud ceiling has texture... street looking. Moreover, the motion is moving east at a good clip. So some lifting is even going on here in eastern Mass now, too.

Looking at high res imagery, that clearing up in NYS that could be seen coming ESE 3 hours ago has cleared out much of western CT and MA now.. I suspect most of us break cloud deck though labored here in the east. May make a rocket shot at 68F west of ORH if we get that to happen before 4pm.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at hi res vis, dude -

Sunny in CT and the western half of Mass now.... seemingly NOT going east by design of cruel humor hahahahaha

what's too bad is if we didn't have this little burp in the pressure fields dropping through the region, we'd eventually start to scour this junk out this PM over eastern areas...the mid-level deck is shifting away so the sun would start to work on this.

instead the low level flow is going to swing around to the ENE again in a little while. so the clearing line will just come to a grinding halt then start to spread west again.

what's too bad is if we didn't have this little burp in the pressure fields dropping through the region, we'd eventually start to scour this junk out this PM over eastern areas...the mid-level deck is shifting away so the sun would start to work on this.

instead the low level flow is going to swing around to the ENE again in a little while. so the clearing line will just come to a grinding halt then start to spread west again.

We need the -NAO to really be dismantled is what it all boils down to.. The fact that we get these "burps" as you put it, is because that train wreck out in the NW Atlantic is causing a events in the ATM to fail proper progression... You could really see that yesterday, with west to east motion near Cleveland, and east to west motion near Boston Light in the Harbor...all that mass was piling up right over head.

We need the -NAO to really be dismantled is what it all boils down to.. The fact that we get these "burps" as you put it, is because that train wreck out in the NW Atlantic is causing a events in the ATM to fail proper progression... You could really see that yesterday, with west to east motion near Cleveland, and east to west motion near Boston Light in the Harbor...all that mass was piling up right over head.

yeah it all works together.

good news for you is...sun is getting close:

post-218-0-39942800-1336157448_thumb.gif

yeah it all works together.

good news for you is...sun is getting close:

post-218-0-39942800-1336157448_thumb.gif

It's gotta break all at once then, because I'm looking west from the 3rd floor of my office and there is no real indication of sun brightened "edginess" to the general street overcast. I think also that back edge is moving kind of ESE, which delays the longitude of it.

Pit stop in Wallingford, ct. Tolland was socked in driving through.....60--62. I always yell HEY KEVIN out the window when I drive through...lol.

Mid 60s here ...looking forward to toasty times south of NYC later today tomorrow.

LOL burn, baby, burn may be a tad strong.

Helluva difference with the sun out though, I bet.

Just now starting to get light streets mixed in with the gray. It's gotta be close to Westborough now - Phil posted a while ago so it's near.

starting to appear as thought that clearing line may not make it east of ORH... It's definitely got a NW-SE component to it in sat which doesn't allow for the edge to progress E...

we'll see.

yeah looks like it may run south of you...

and obs to your E and N have now flipped ENE at the surface so that might be the end of any eastward progression

Back to a very typical New England spring. Day after day of fog, drizzle, and 5 deg temp spreads from 50F low to 55F high. Useless winter...wouldn't doubt the warmest day of the upcoming year was already a month ago, no severe wx in sight, and days start getting shorter in less than 50 days. Anybody who actually enjoys this kind of wx pattern has some kind of serious perversion which is contradictory to other mammalian responses.

Back to a very typical New England spring. Day after day of fog, drizzle, and 5 deg temp spreads from 50F low to 55F high. Useless winter...wouldn't doubt the warmest day of the upcoming year was already a month ago, no severe wx in sight, and days start getting shorter in less than 50 days. Anybody who actually enjoys this kind of wx pattern has some kind of serious perversion which is contradictory to other mammalian responses.

+1

Archived