• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
My Summer/Hurricane Forecast

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Allan. I know you issued this about a month ago, so I was wondering how you feel things are progressing particularly when it comes to ENSO. Are you still thinking weak ENSO as early as June-July? Or did that bump up in the SOI of recent weeks put a hit into that expectation?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Allan. I know you issued this about a month ago, so I was wondering how you feel things are progressing particularly when it comes to ENSO. Are you still thinking weak ENSO as early as June-July? Or did that bump up in the SOI of recent weeks put a hit into that expectation?

Thanks.

I am still thinking June. If you look at the subsurface there is only a very small pool of negative anomalies left in the eq. pacific near the dateline. Also the SOI has been negative again the last 6 days and April was the first negative SOI month since spring 2010, I believe.

Good job with the outlook, nice presentation. I like a lot of your analogs, especially 1976, 2009, and 1951. The Northeast is a tough call for me, still going back and forth in terms of above/below normal temps. I think the cooler Mid-west and warm South/West is a reasonable call at this point.

Archived