Newest Member
    Monty
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT,

I’m still wondering if it may be a hot summer. More than temperature trends alone … moisture trends in the spring also have some correlation on summer heat. Has to do with soil moisture, but not just locally, but continentally-regional. I think it’s been pretty dry overall, too.

That’s sick though. ORH has had ~2” of liq over the last 60 days.

The tendency toward -NAO, and/or train wrecked NW Atlantic Basin in general supports the southern trends...

It'll probably come back N and whale the area in the face of clad scientific reasoning why this abandoned solution should verify -

It's been doing that this entire recent cold season...verifying the least probability result has been the way to go.

I disagree. The problem is not the strength of the -NAO block. The problem is the strength of the jet incoming from the Pacific. It leaves no room / time for amplification / consolidation of the shortwave energy tracking across the Great Lakes.

The -NAO block is really perfect actually, provided we were working with a decent shortwave.

Everyone is looking for weaker confluence. Well what would happen then is just a northward shift of light snow while CT gets rain. We need a stronger shortwave to expand the precip shield northward along with higher QPF

I disagree. The problem is not the strength of the -NAO block. The problem is the strength of the jet incoming from the Pacific. It leaves no room / time for amplification / consolidation of the shortwave energy tracking across the Great Lakes.

The -NAO block is really perfect actually, provided we were working with a decent shortwave.

Everyone is looking for weaker confluence. Well what would happen then is just a northward shift of light snow while CT gets rain. We need a stronger shortwave to expand the precip shield northward along with high QPF

100% agree. The PAC is pig piling and theres just no room/time for this to be more than it is. Same stuff has repeated over and over. Models go gangbusters for some period until they realize it and then bail.

Warm and dry, cool and dry some weak moisture in between. Rinse and repeat

Everyone is looking for weaker confluence. Well what would happen then is just a northward shift of light snow while CT gets rain. We need a stronger shortwave to expand the precip shield northward along with higher QPF

I tend to agree re. the s/w intensity. I think both issues are kind of working together. It's a POS s/w and with that...Vim Toot can fart and send the whole thing south.

I tend to agree re. the s/w intensity. I think both issues are kind of working together. It's a POS s/w and with that...Vim Toot can fart and send the whole thing south.

Yeah had the s/w been more consolidated/impressive you actually would have had a nice burst of lift thanks to some confluence to the north.

OT,

I’m still wondering if it may be a hot summer. More than temperature trends alone … moisture trends in the spring also have some correlation on summer heat. Has to do with soil moisture, but not just locally, but continentally-regional. I think it’s been pretty dry overall, too.

That’s sick though. ORH has had ~2” of liq over the last 60 days.

I don't recall a Feb/March that has been so dry...(Jan, too)

No no... the longer term stream correlation on -NAO is a further south exit latitude over eastern N/A.

that's all the statement, couched in sarcasm, was intended to state. whatever....

01-02 was bone dry. The sensible weather of this past winter was very similar to that disaster of a winter 10 yrs ago

People started having that 01-02 feeling in Dec. when every cold threat became modified... a cold snap progged at -20 10 days out would become -12 at 7 days then -5 at 4 days until it was realized as a dry polar front that resulted in temps a few degrees above...

What a pathetic winter... it's overkill at this point but good f'in god did that absolutely blow dead rats. Buh bye... if I wanted to experience a winter in Charlotte, I'd call my uncle down there and see if he's got a spare room in the house.

Why'd you lock in 2-4/3-6 for SNE then?????

Because this morning things looked good..and i figured a compromise between the possibly underdone Euro and other overdone models was in order.

Should have stuck to my guns and only forecast off the Euro..I violated my own rules and I got burned.

I did post that the Euro was disturbing to me..and sure enough it was right.

Because this morning things looked good..and i figured a compromise between the possibly underdone Euro and other overdone models was in order.

Should have stuck to my guns and only forecast off the Euro..I violated my own rules and I got burned.

I thought the Euro was always right and always way to go. I thought you blend the other models in the Euro?

not to mention that nothing has worked out this year, not going to change for the better all the sudden, karma's a Bit**

I'm stoically await the remaining models with low expectations andno qualms about qpf.

Regardless of whether I get any flakes, I'm with Pete in saying that this unending torch is killing me.

37.6/32 at noon.

What? He has never admitted there is a torch in the first place

Archived