Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah down this way. The NAM (and srefs to some extent) like to show a ficticious secondary qpf max north. 6z NAM was a good example.

I did notice the SREFs and NAM had a little deformation band on the north side of the QPF area. I actually buy that, but where does it set up? Mt TOL? NJ??

I did notice the SREFs and NAM had a little deformation band on the north side of the QPF area. I actually buy that, but where does it set up? Mt TOL? NJ??

I feel like the NAM will frequently have the right idea... but set that northern deformation band up way too far north. It'll show 1" of QPF for Rutland but that max really goes over Northampton lol.

I feel like the NAM will frequently have the right idea... but set that northern deformation band up way too far north. It'll show 1" of QPF for Rutland but that max really goes over Northampton lol.

Yeah it does that. I was laughing at the 06z NAM at work. What a weenie run..lol.

Storm gets crushed in the confluence on the 12Z NAM. I had a feeling last night's runs were overdoing it and underestimating the impact of the confluence. Euro FTW(L) again?

Confluence is not the biggest influence on the forecast. Though obviously a factor, the primary difference between the model runs is the consolidation of the shortwave energy tracking eastward. There is a lot of disorganized vorticity that can interfere either constructively or destructively. We can see this as early as 12-18 hours.

Confluence is not the biggest influence on the forecast. Though obviously a factor, the primary difference between the model runs is the consolidation of the shortwave energy tracking eastward. There is a lot of disorganized vorticity that can interfere either constructively or destructively. We can see this as early as 12-18 hours.

Yeah I think this is the bigger issue here.

The tendency toward -NAO, and/or train wrecked NW Atlantic Basin in general supports the southern trends...

It'll probably come back N and whale the area in the face of clad scientific reasoning why this abandoned solution should verify -

It's been doing that this entire recent cold season...verifying the least probability result has been the way to go.

Archived