• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

Are these snow threats just for the coastal plain or do folks in the higher elevations have a chance at seeing some snow? It seems like you guys hog all the snow and it would be nice if we got some for a change. TIA

Hopefully it comes far enough north to give us all rain.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have we not seen this playout upteen times with confluence and the way it effects modeling and how the precip is alligned WNW to ESE

these are W SNE systems and SW SNE systems in particular....the higher elevations in SWest interior CT to very well ...even sometimes the areas from there ESE to say SW interior elevated rhode island do just fine...not to say WSNE including the berks can't cash in...but don't look to extend the line from the berks east to include ORH and esp. not boston w/ confluence in play

w confluence in play the QPF is OVER MODELED for eastern SNE almost always.....

Bdl has the best chance in a confluence set up for blizz to go down in a bet.

and i think kev is in a decent location for this one. i think DXR above 500' feet is prime terrirtory for SNE.

qpf is almost always overmodeled and confluence not accounted for enough in these types and we have ORH right on the edge of the better qpf (on the NE corner of it) not where you want to be in a confluence set up. anywhere NE of ORh -pym should not expect much at all.

Yes. Whatever accumulates (grass) will melt quickly. Interesting to note that so far this week is averaging above normal again despite the "cold."

Yep another above normal day today......early next week looks warm, very warm should be some impressive positive departures for sure to start out April. I think its pretty obvious this event is headed north and the usual hilly interior spots will cash in. Looks like some ,more much needed rain on the way.

Yep another above normal day today......early next week looks warm, very warm should be some impressive positive departures for sure to start out April. I think its pretty obvious this event is headed north and the usual hilly interior spots will cash in. Looks like some ,more much needed rain on the way.

The warmth next week looks very questionable right now.

I don't think anyone expected a high impact storm with accumulations on the road. But if this comes north like the 6z nam and the main show is 3am-9am, there def could be road accumulations. If the euro is right though it will just be some slop on the grass at most probably.

MRG does.

Archived