• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

Temp down to 26F here last hour and all of a sudden there's a coating on everything. Same rates as all day but its sticking again finally.

23F here

At the mountain, you could feel it getting colder, and flakes that were melting on my coat when Ifirst got there were not when I left.

if that makes any sense

Good event here.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked from home most of the day today, then had a call out in Farmington at Miss Porters School.Amazing difference. 5 inches OTG here with trees still caked in ice with no melting. Once you get down to 700 feet..no ice on trees but still snowcovered..I went down the hill on 84 into Vernon and there is no snow OTG all thru East hartford, HFD and West Hartford. As soon as I hit Farmington line ..snowcover again.

Snow is now sticking to pavement here at home..Snowing at a nice clip..looks like we may pick up an inch o 2 if lucky tonight

<p>

Chris M said wet on the Berks but man champagne in Maine

[media]

[media]

I actually went a little off piste today, which I normally never do.

Kids were hooting and hollering in the woods, which was weird, because there was only today's snow out there, unless it drifted over from snowmaking.

I rode the lift with a guy who was at Jay last week. Said it was the best he ever skied, and he has been skiing for 40 years...lol

I might get to 10" from this

I worked from home most of the day today, then had a call out in Farmington at Miss Porters School.Amazing difference. 5 inches OTG here with trees still caked in ice with no melting. Once you get down to 700 feet..no ice on trees but still snowcovered..I went down the hill on 84 into Vernon and there is no snow OTG all thru East hartford, HFD and West Hartford. As soon as I hit Farmington line ..snowcover again.

Snow is now sticking to pavement here at home..Snowing at a nice clip..looks like we may pick up an inch o 2 if lucky tonight

i think you get that luck. Nice obs upstream. Ratios should get you there, congrats on reaching your high end of 7.

-SN

9.5" total accumulation

Storm is winding down here but finally a solid event for the Monadnocks. Banding this afternoon was a bit of a letdown but we got hammered last night. Looks as if the snow cover won't last too long with rain Saturday and increasingly spring-like temperatures by the end of next week.

-SN

9.5" total accumulation

Storm is winding down here but finally a solid event for the Monadnocks. Banding this afternoon was a bit of a letdown but we got hammered last night. Looks as if the snow cover won't last too long with rain Saturday and increasingly spring-like temperatures by the end of next week.

Posts like this bother me somehow, you are in the midst of the best snow of the season yet you deem it necessary to melt it all away in the same post. Meh I know its just me but that mindset is strange to me.

Nice bro, no school foster/glocester. Not far from me. I am stuck at work in dreary SECT with brown surrounds while at home its winter. Yuck

sorry to hear that, it will be better when you get home. damn, haven't heard the phrase no school foster/glocester in a longtime, nice to know some else remembers that.

sorry to hear that, it will be better when you get home. damn, haven't heard the phrase no school  foster/glocester in a longtime, nice to know some else remembers that.

Salty Brine, man did that piss me off growing up in westerly, you bastards get dumped on while we rained. Unfortunately we have a large event here and I will not be home until 1 AM or so, enjoy, looks like a couple hours more of lt snow anyways.

You may come home to it snowing as well.  It's been snowing most of the afternoon here in Woodstock. Probably in Brooklyn and your neck of the woods too.

I am sure you even saw the difference in Danielson, elevation for the win, by the way you have me by .75 now, son of a b**ch.

Archived