pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott based on what you've seen on radar when do you think we'll be done?

Well that's deceiving because more may redevelop inside of 495 this evening. I think after 7-8 or so is when the main stuff will shut off, but there could be residual light snows through the evening. Maybe even a touch of FZDZ late tonight.

good point. thats why i said that it became almost a completely different storm around noon here. it is still coming down very hard and i really have no idea what i have gotten when combining both parts. but if this keeps up a few more hours with temps around 25 then six inches since noon is doable here. after all gray has 10-14 just 8 miles north of me.

Yeah this is one of those storms where people report 10" but maybe 6-7" OTG. Long duration storms mixed with milder temps FTL.

still getting jumbo flakes. moderate snow has been loitering over my county remarkably well.

Yeah...same here over the past couple of hours. Snow growth is pretty good although vis is probably averaging near 3/4SM. Those brighter echoes to the NE toward you are blowing right over this way. 21.9F

5.7" here in town as of about a half hour ago... 6-8" on the mountain today.

This photo is from 1,700ft. Below 2,000ft we have a 40"+ snowpack. At 1,500ft the snow depth is currently 41".

IMG_2752_edited-1.jpg

Driving home... looks like winter.

IMG_2798_edited-1.jpg

Town looks nice with snow pillows on everything.

IMG_2806_edited-1.jpg

how much have you gotten Brian? Back home tells me he thinks 10-12 has fallen. Showed me on cam, looks like steady light to mod snow. But there is a stationary heavier band on radar from near or north of you over to the ME coast. Looks to be sitting and enhancing, even a bit back to sw.

how much have you gotten Brian? Back home tells me he thinks 10-12 has fallen. Showed me on cam, looks like steady light to mod snow. But there is a stationary heavier band on radar from near or north of you over to the ME coast. Looks to be sitting and enhancing, even a bit back to sw.

I'm at 8.2".

The only problem is that the snowpack is probably low WE. That will melt quick. Hopefully after the rain and ice Saturday, you'll get more upslope Sunday.

Yeah this storm is actually helping it settle... its funny to get 6" of snow but see no real change in snow depth, lol. The stuff under it just can't take the weight.

Pete tried telling me it was dry...no way lol. Not even close. Skis were sticking to everything even.with wax

Not bad at Wachusett. The only trouble I had was getting my boot into the binding when I first got there. Took me a couple of minutes to realize there was a clump of packed snow

Been snowing here for over 24 hours, and only 8.5-9.0 inches to show for it...lol

Archived