pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't been home yet, but wondering if we'll hit the progged 10-14". When's this winding down?

It has a lot of work to do here if it is going to get to those totals, You may be in better shape down there, After 9:00 pm here it suppose to wind down

Basically 28 hours of rain/drizzle............should be an epic lawn greenup later next week.

Congrats to all those seeing snow the last day or so!! Boston gets there accumulations after 5, should be a fun evening.

light rain

north wind

I don't know about demolished as I just left Andover 45 min ago, but it was snowing good. Probably 1" new since they dropped below freezing.

Since the temp drop, we've probably gotten about 2" here in Lowell. I doubt we'll end up with a new 6", but I believe a new 4" is possible. That would bring my totals up in the lower double digits.

Nothing showing up on radar currently in Methuen but we are getting moderate snow at the moment.

There is a lot of low level lift. Decent snowgrowth too...probably because of strong east winds aloft advecting air with salt nuclei. This allows decent snow growth to happen at lower temps.

Never been out that way...I mean I've been to Jiminy Peak and Butternut, but not BEast... recommend it?

On a powder day on a weekday yes. Undiscovered, lots of cool cliffs and natural features.

And Scott I'm jokinggg, don't be to sensitive two my jokes you here? Pretty much awt but snow was mashed potayo

Well it appears we have 60 days of boredom coming with nothing but sun and mild as we lead out by April 1. So plenty of timeout time

Would be fine following a normal winter, but I see a bad brush fire season ahead with the warm weather dry conditions, and left over tree damage from Aug/Oct.

Since the temp drop, we've probably gotten about 2" here in Lowell. I doubt we'll end up with a new 6", but I believe a new 4" is possible. That would bring my totals up in the lower double digits.

Yeah this is one of those storms where people report 10" but maybe 6-7" OTG. Long duration storms mixed with milder temps FTL.

On a powder day on a weekday yes. Undiscovered, lots of cool cliffs and natural features.

And Scott I'm jokinggg, don't be to sensitive two my jokes you here? Pretty much awt but snow was mashed potayo

I know..lol. I'm surprised at the mash potato. I thought it may be a little wet, but they were really close to all that warming aloft...maybe it caused the snow to be wetter.

Archived