pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Left my house around 7:30 this morning to get to Dedham for a 9:30 appointment.  At my house (North Wilmington on the Andover line), it was heavy, heavy snow and I was getting ready for a brutal ride, which is why I left about an hour earlier than I normally would.  By the time I reached 128, the snow had turned to a full on mix and by the time I got passed the Burlington Mall, I saw virtually no sign of snow at all.  Got to Dedham, where it was raining at 8:30 and had to hang around for an hour before the others got there.  Then had to drive into Boston for an 11:00, again, no snow to be seen.

Came back to the office in North Andover at 12:30 and it's like I'm in a different part of the country. From what I can tell, it never changed over up this way.  Still coming down very steadily.  I'd imagine that there is about 7" on the ground, but that's a completely uneducated guess, could be 3" off in either direction for all I know.  I'm not really a snow lover, golf season can't come soon enough, so if I could send some of this your way in Metro Boston to the folks that enjoy it, I would.

great report but not a snow lover, yuck

we are just getting demolished up here in andover. when the temp dropped 3 hrs ago it became a completely different storm. would not be surprised to see near 6 inches new(from noon) when this is done this evening for someone up here.

I don't know about demolished as I just left Andover 45 min ago, but it was snowing good. Probably 1" new since they dropped below freezing.

Was snowing pretty good from 11am-12pm in Chicopee, on way to work in Willimantic the rain/snow switch happened in Tolland.... all rain and all snow gone here in Willimantic, but I'm seeing reports of 7.5" in the greater Springfield area on Twitter.

I had 5.1" from round 1 and an additional .75" this morning. Whatever's on the board when I get home tonight will make up my final measurement.

we are just getting demolished up here in andover. when the temp dropped 3 hrs ago it became a completely different storm. would not be surprised to see near 6 inches new(from

noon) when this is done this evening for someone up here.

Nice. Just a coating since noon here despite constant snow. Sounds like we just missed in on the good stuff.

8.7" here

It was pretty heavy snow at the mountain for a while (Wachusett). Wonder what they will call it. Maybe 12"

Kids (and a few adults, nyuk nyuk) were doing some skiing in the woods.

Good conditions. Cake flour, lots of soft moguls. A few powder stashes. Saw some of my students there.

Pics forthcoming

Pretty good skiing, 12 runs in 2 hrs pretty good afternoon.

Archived