pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing about 8" based on what I walked in on the hill, though it was pretty windswept. Some other reports from the area are quite impressive considering the report time and the fact it isn't finished.

3 WSW SCARBOROUGH 10.5 135 PM 3/01

PORTLAND 9.7 103 PM 3/01

2 ESE VAUGHAN WOODS 10.0 1140 AM 3/01

2 NNW SANFORD 9.0 948 AM 3/01

BIDDEFORD 8.0 1256 PM 3/01

2 NE KENNEBUNK 8.0 205 PM 3/01

it's depressing.

i still can't believe we managed to go NDJF without a good coastal.

This doesn't qualify as a good coastal? A 500 mile long surface low pressure?

I want that pen they had on the movie "Men in Black". I just want to look into it, have it flash and forget this winter. I just want to vomit.

All the good things that have happened to you in the last year and all that awaits....soon enough this winter will be just a memory. It'll be the story you tell your kids similar to all the stories generations have passed down to one another.

6" here as of 2:17pm...s to s+ here in Augusta Maine....been a challenge measuring today.. with the wind..and dry snow..blowing around alot..several samples taken...not sure what was measured at the State Airport...anyways..temp at 18F here..several more hours to go...Peterborough NH reported 13"...another location nearbye reported 14"... Gotta love the start of March! Daylight savings time begins March 11th I believe..

post-2641-0-38358200-1330631122.jpg

It doesn't do it justice, mostly because that is only showing the base of it. Here's a shot looking up it. Probably also doesn't do it justice, but it's a good hill and it's all ours.

Its time to strap some skis on and build a jump out there. :snowing: Thats awesome.

8.7" here

It was pretty heavy snow at the mountain for a while (Wachusett). Wonder what they will call it. Maybe 12"

Kids (and a few adults, nyuk nyuk) were doing some skiing in the woods.

Good conditions. Cake flour, lots of soft moguls. A few powder stashes. Saw some of my students there.

Pics forthcoming

Left my house around 7:30 this morning to get to Dedham for a 9:30 appointment. At my house (North Wilmington on the Andover line), it was heavy, heavy snow and I was getting ready for a brutal ride, which is why I left about an hour earlier than I normally would. By the time I reached 128, the snow had turned to a full on mix and by the time I got passed the Burlington Mall, I saw virtually no sign of snow at all. Got to Dedham, where it was raining at 8:30 and had to hang around for an hour before the others got there. Then had to drive into Boston for an 11:00, again, no snow to be seen.

Came back to the office in North Andover at 12:30 and it's like I'm in a different part of the country. From what I can tell, it never changed over up this way. Still coming down very steadily. I'd imagine that there is about 7" on the ground, but that's a completely uneducated guess, could be 3" off in either direction for all I know. I'm not really a snow lover, golf season can't come soon enough, so if I could send some of this your way in Metro Boston to the folks that enjoy it, I would.

we are just getting demolished up here in andover. when the temp dropped 3 hrs ago it became a completely different storm. would not be surprised to see near 6 inches new(from noon) when this is done this evening for someone up here.

What a disaster. Non-accumulating ra/sn falling since this morning.

Archived