• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

I am with you weatherfella...I am usually pretty level headed about the weather...even though I am a huge snowfan, but this year has really gotten to me in a bad way...every time I think it can't get worse and the 3-5 inches is a lock...it gets even worse. I have seen it all this winter...mesoscale bands split and miss me in every direction, mutiple benchmark storms give me rain...and this one is the final kick in the teeth...what should have been a lock for 4+ leaves me with zip...zero...zilch...just 27 degree wind chill driven rain...can't end soon enough...it really can't

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been ridiculous. We're supposed to snow sometimes. We've had 8.7 inches, it's March 1st, and the weeks ahead don't look promising. Euthanize it, warm the air, let the flowers grow, and move on.

I concur. The ridiculous part of this winter is that there HAVE been some chances but for one reason or another they all go bad. Look at the bands Scotts talking about....any other winter water temps are 37-38 and instead of it being 39 in Boston it's probably 35-36 and with that precip we end up cooling enough for snow. NOT this year.

What a sh*t sandwich this winter, this storm has been for those of us in the immediate Boston area. Just unreal.

I'm pulling hard for not another measurable snow total from here on out. Let's ride fuitlity so we can look back and know how sucky this winter really was.

I was not yet born of course for the 1936-7 futility year but was around for 1972-3's 10.3 and I remember it sucked. It snowed in October that year.

I would like to stay under 9 inches this year and put this one to bed. No point in rooting for another inch of snow that will be around for 16 minutes before melting.......let's go for futility.

I share your utter disgust.

I was once again (like Feb 11) sucked into this one. Somehow, this one hurt even more.

Rest assured... kBos will get 0.4-0.5" with tonight's batch.

The personality of this winter to f*** Boston metro is steadfast, and we won't even have the futility record as consolation.

5.5" of snow here for the entire event. I had some sleet contamination last night, which undoubtably kept me down a bit. Had it not been for the sleet, I probably would've had 7.5-8". Still getting -SN, but it is not really accumulating at all. Roads are fine.

The second and third rounds have underachieved here both in terms of the sleet in round 2 and the QPF in both rounds 2 and 3. The front ender was decent though, so I should at least be grateful for that.

Never contaminated here. I've measured 8" total between last night and today, has settled to a solid 7" otg with sn-/flurries currently.

Snowed for over 24 hours here.

Can't quote from the previous locked thread, so I copied this post... un-f'n-believable:

post_offline.pngTyphoon Tip

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

• default_large.png
  • promet.png
  • 3,839 posts
  • Joined November 13, 2010 can you imagine if no snow happened after all this...

Lol, I was thinking back to that quote... fortunately for Tip, he got something out of this.

it's depressing.

i still can't believe we managed to go NDJF without a good coastal.

I want that pen they had on the movie "Men in Black". I just want to look into it, have it flash and forget this winter. I just want to vomit.

I wouldn't mind fast forwarding right to June..Though if we can't have snow in March...let's just f ing torch to 60-70 everyday

it's depressing.

i still can't believe we managed to go NDJF without a good coastal.

I think that what has stunned me the most this winter. If you told me back when we had the October storm it would be it through the NDJF period I would have said no way, just unreal! Even if I was not going to get a flake of snow here, but there would be a storm deepening as it moved toward the BM, I would have said bring it. The boredom and lack of strong systems has been crazy this winter. We had maybe half an inch here at the start yesterday it was thumping pretty good actually, then about 6 or so last night it all went down the drain. Today just a howling wind off the water with heavy sheet drizzle, just nasty.

I wouldn't mind fast forwarding right to June..Though if we can't have snow in March...let's just f ing torch to 60-70 everyday

Isn't today March 1st? :D

I really prefer 40s and maybe 50° and lows in the low 20s for sugaring season. Actually, the weather over the next week or so isn't looking too bad. It started early and who knows, it may run long. I'll need it because I still have half my taps buried in debris from October.

the weather is stupid, this winter has been awful...please, i don't want any more of this crap...and i don't think after coming off this winter i can deal with 45 degree spring day with drizzle and a ne wind...i might not make it till june...june is still a long way away :(

MPM you have a foot?

LOL--are you looking at the PNS? I just saw that--I haven't posted anything to BOX. At the time that was posted, I think I had 8 or 9. But, I haven't cleared my board at all today. I wouldn't be surprised if i have 10-11 now, but certainly not at 7:00a.m.!

Maybe one of you jokesters in posting on my behalf.

Posts from I-95 area in central Maine remind me of Boxing Day and 1/12 last yr, when AUG-WVL had blizzard conditions with about 15" each storm, while MBY 25 miles NW got 8" and 7". I'd be pleased, and surprised a bit, to reach 7-8" this time. As of 2 PM there was 4.0" (avg of 5 spots) with 0.30" LE, -SN with tiny flakes and 18F.

Archived