pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Mainejayhawk.,,,,,We had 4.5" here as of noon..but its cranking now here in Augusta...have you seen the colorized IR loop off the coast of Maine..primary to pull the coastal low precip back into us today tonight...I am thinking more then 10-14 if we get those bands in here later... anyways..here's my site...http://www.northeastweathereye.com Here's a pic our mailman delivering in the snow...gotta give these guys credit...no matter what happens weather wise..

post-2641-0-20454600-1330623640.jpg

Sounds like I may have to aim my nuclear missle at Winter Hill afterall. I have already lined up one for Northfield NH and West Chesterfield MA.

It would just disappear into deep snow and sputter out like a wet firecracker. God, you're so bitter. You and Ryan ganging up on poor Blizz yesterday was a pitiful display. It was. However, exccedingly funny. Still snowing down in chesterfield.

What a sh*t sandwich this winter, this storm has been for those of us in the immediate Boston area. Just unreal.

I'm pulling hard for not another measurable snow total from here on out. Let's ride fuitlity so we can look back and know how sucky this winter really was.

I was not yet born of course for the 1936-7 futility year but was around for 1972-3's 10.3 and I remember it sucked. It snowed in October that year.

I would like to stay under 9 inches this year and put this one to bed. No point in rooting for another inch of snow that will be around for 16 minutes before melting.......let's go for futility.

Futility may go down later today and tonight.

I spent most of last night roughing it in a work in progress cabin out in the wilderness. Got sucker holed most of the daylight hours. There was barely an inch on the grass by sunset. The horrible snow growth made it feel like a repeat of the boxing day disaster. It improved a bit after sunset but most of the accumulation occurred from midnight onward. I ended up abandoning the cabin at 3 am and walked back in a winter wonderland. Moderate snow, trees plastered, all the new growth pines were bent over blocking the trail. Got back around 3:30 and measured 4.75" on the deck and 4" on the pavement.

I haven't had a chance to measure since but I'd guess we have 7-8 inches. Light snow continues but it's the dinky dandruff flakes.

Looks like my 2-4" call for mby verified nicely.

Those 4-5 totals just couldn't get passed PVD. I was looking forward to seeing good snows at home like i was seeing at work. didn't see anything in the Konk. At my office they actually had to plow the streets

amazing that coastal rhode island even got more snow out of this than Metro west...since that snow blitz last january...we have received under ten inches in 5 months of winter and not storm over three...the last three storm watches and warning that have been issued for more than 4 inches have resulted in not one inch....amazing. Looking at that map of the northeast it is like being bnot invited to a party...snow all the way down into NJ an up to portland all the way to albany with a 5 mile donut around the city of boston...what did we ever do to deserve this oh atmospheric gods.

Yeah you guys did well yesterday. Part of the reason I thought 3-5 would be ok for my area. Hopefully I can grab an inch or so later on. Everything icing up now at work.

It is what it is. I don't frown upon it. I got to enjoy the snow at work, not so much at home. Picturesque yesterday.

Everything is going to be icing up soon. Will make for ****ty road conditions.

5.5" of snow here for the entire event. I had some sleet contamination last night, which undoubtably kept me down a bit. Had it not been for the sleet, I probably would've had 7.5-8". Still getting -SN, but it is not really accumulating at all. Roads are fine.

The second and third rounds have underachieved here both in terms of the sleet in round 2 and the QPF in both rounds 2 and 3. The front ender was decent though, so I should at least be grateful for that.

I don't think I've ever seen Jerry so bitter. Sounds like Spring just needs to happen - STAT.

It's been ridiculous. We're supposed to snow sometimes. We've had 8.7 inches, it's March 1st, and the weeks ahead don't look promising. Euthanize it, warm the air, let the flowers grow, and move on.

Archived