pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9z HRRR was a little N of this for best totals but here is 10z. It's actually more like 3-4"...I looked at it wrong before. This is all post 15z because it only had about .5-1" before that. I think 1-3" is a good call.

acsnw_t3sfc_f15.png

everyone seems to like this model but honestly it seems to inflate snow totals all the time. yesterday it had me as 4 inches and i got 0.5. last week it had me as getting 2 inches i got 0

Maybe snowNH is flying out of MHT?

Beat you to the punch. lol

I have dry air advecting in now or maybe some downsloping from the increasing NNE-NE winds. My RH has dropped to 84% and my -SN is sublimating to microscopic needles. I have a bad feeling that the afternoon underperforms imby.

I have dry air advecting in now or maybe some downsloping from the increasing NNE-NE winds. My RH has dropped to 84% and my -SN is sublimating to microscopic needles. I have a bad feeling that the afternoon underperforms imby.

Weren't many calling for a SE flow? Because a NNE flow usually does well out my way lol

Join the club my friend. It's a great place to be.

So it snowed yesterday to the tune of 2". Turned to sleet and quickly to rain around 9pm last night. Has been raining off and on ever since. Not much left to speak of. Looks like about 4-5" fell here in Wrentham. Not sure why people were spinning out on I-495 this AM. There were 2 of them between I-95 and Rt-1. The highway was just wet. Dumb people. Backroads up here were a different story. Slushy.

Lol...MHT is reporting a depth of 11".

I've been out since 5AM plowing and snowblowing in Hooksett onless hackett hill and it has snowed about 4-6 inches hard to be exact no ruler and drifting make. It harder to tell.

Plus when I started there was already 6-7 inches or so, so that number sounds spot on.

So it snowed yesterday to the tune of 2". Turned to sleet and quickly to rain around 9pm last night. Has been raining off and on ever since. Not much left to speak of. Looks like about 4-5" fell here in Wrentham. Not sure why people were spinning out on I-495 this AM. There were 2 of them between I-95 and Rt-1. The highway was just wet. Dumb people. Backroads up here were a different story. Slushy.

Because they haven't driven in snow since Wade Boggs left town.

Weren't many calling for a SE flow? Because a NNE flow usually does well out my way lol

Huh? Not out this way. The CAD here east of the higher terrain makes it favorable for NNE-NE ageostrophic flow in the low levels for interior ME into C NH. The Sandwich Range and Gunstock area gives me some slight downsloping with strong NE flow. Higher up the fetch has been more easterly giving us a nice low level moisture feed at 925. The coastal front is getting whacked south through S NH now. It is going through MHT now and next up will be Derry within the hour.

Yes part 1 was supposed to stink, but when you are in a sucker hole with everyone around you doing better than you thought and you are actually doing worse, it is bad luck.

We had a short window and a mega east wind coming off of 40 degree water with no real cold air. Add to that we had the same pattern of dying, broken bands of snow. It'd have been more lucky if they'd gotten a couple of inches but I don't really believe much in luck.

This last system is shuffling away from us to the east. Most of the snow will be in SW ME and extreme eastern NH aside of the hills...and a dip into NE MA. I'm glad the ski areas cashed in as well as many other places...the pattern Kev talks about is intact with a late February event before Spring arrives.

If we see a coating to an inch at Logan later that'll be luck.

everyone seems to like this model but honestly it seems to inflate snow totals all the time. yesterday it had me as 4 inches and i got 0.5. last week it had me as getting 2 inches i got 0

I don't know about liking it, I have not got any feedback as to how its performed so i look at it as just another piece of guidance

.9" isn't 0, but let's agree Pete Bouchard won Leap Day in Boston.

I'm not with CoastalWx on wanting another inch - let's try to hang on for the record. 8.7" FTW. If we do get the inch, it's going to be the evil cousin to December 2008, when the monthly record was in reach but we got shutout.

Am I jumping the gun after looking at the total so far vs the BOX forecast map looks like a bust for most areas? or is the 2nd and 3rd go around really going to produce?

IMO if you're in the pike area north you need to wait before making the bust call. There should be a good wrap band that sets up that way later...it could shift north or south but under it several more, 2-4 or 3/6 should fall.

We had a short window and a mega east wind coming off of 40 degree water with no real cold air. Add to that we had the same pattern of dying, broken bands of snow. It'd have been more lucky if they'd gotten a couple of inches but I don't really believe much in luck.

This last system is shuffling away from us to the east. Most of the snow will be in SW ME and extreme eastern NH aside of the hills...and a dip into NE MA. I'm glad the ski areas cashed in as well as many other places...the pattern Kev talks about is intact with a late February event before Spring arrives.

If we see a coating to an inch at Logan later that'll be luck.

That's probably realistic, but yesterday was just crap luck. It's one thing to expect it, but another thing when everyone else except you does better. At that point, you throw your hands up.

I'm not with CoastalWx on wanting another inch - let's try to hang on for the record. 8.7" FTW. If we do get the inch, it's going to be the evil cousin to December 2008, when the monthly record was in reach but we got shutout.

Prepare to be chastized by Will.

Huh? Not out this way. The CAD here east of the higher terrain makes it favorable for NNE-NE ageostrophic flow in the low levels for interior ME into C NH. The Sandwich Range and Gunstock area gives me some slight downsloping with strong NE flow. Higher up the fetch has been more easterly giving us a nice low level moisture feed at 925. The coastal front is getting whacked south through S NH now. It is going through MHT now and next up will be Derry within the hour.

I know that flow sucks for you guys, but BTV insisted on a SE flow at the lower levels for up this way, when most suggest a more NE component...that's why I asked lol

It's not that I want it or anything..but wouldn't mind seeing it whiten up since lord knows when the next snow occurs. I honestly thought we could muster up at least a few inches during this event. Another 2" would do it, but I don't see that. Even looking at the data, I still don't think I would do a coating to 2" along the coast, since that busted except locally in BOS. Just how it goes.

Archived