• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

Going to bed for 3-4 hours...I won't even look at it.

I have 1-3" additional for today and I will stick with it. I might bust if the HRRR is correct by the sounds of it.

9z HRRR was a little N of this for best totals but here is 10z. It's actually more like 3-4"...I looked at it wrong before. This is all post 15z because it only had about .5-1" before that. I think 1-3" is a good call.

acsnw_t3sfc_f15.png

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, 10z HRRR has 5-6" more here this afternoon. Will or anyone, thoughts on this afternoon? That would double my storm total.

But wow is it close. Gives Tolland less than an inch.

It forecasted an inch or two of snow for me down in NYC yesterday evening for last night lol. I mean you can't bust any worse than that with a lead time of zero.

lol ... just went to take my hourly measurement and discovered that I lost 0.1" over that time period. The edge of my board is down to almost nothing. Brisk breeze out there. :lol:

lol, Looks like we are going to be doing area measuring today, The one good thing is the snow thats under it is cement so it will be like measuring on hot top unless i insert the stick in a foot print

If I pick up 2", I'll be a happy man. The hope tonight is for shallow lift produced by colder north winds with moist ne winds aloft overrunning the colder air at the surface. Probably an inch will do it.

Just brutal - sorry. Like you said, there was some bad luck involved yesterday as the bands Field Goaled the Boston Metro.

Pretty nice event up here. Already met our warning criteria and pretty in line with Box forecast for Franklin, Co.

Sucks that so much of E Ma. got into screw zones. I was really hoping you guys got nailed and unfortunately I told a bunch of people it would be a solid event in the city when I was in Newton yesterday.

Even now the radar is really broken with steady snow continuing here. Best flakes yet coming down now.

Nam has almost .4" in Boston. Looks cold enough although maybe 33F surface temps during the day time will screw you guys again?

No way we are getting 4". It's gonna take until later this aftn for that cold to work down the coast. Too much easterly component to the wind. We will need more of an 010 direction or better.

It wasn't bad luck that Boston didn't get much yet. Later yesterday some were saying part one was supposed to stink. Now it's changing to bad luck when most models and the recurring pattern is for events to dampen as they moved east. That combined with the onslaught of maritime air did them in. Had nothing to do with luck

hrrr is a terrible model most of the time.

Hoping to see a couple of inches later but so far it's not coming together well. Will know more by noon.

It wasn't bad luck that Boston didn't get much yet. Later yesterday some were saying part one was supposed to stink. Now it's changing to bad luck when most models and the recurring pattern is for events to dampen as they moved east. That combined with the onslaught of maritime air did them in. Had nothing to do with luck

Hoping to see a couple of inches later but so far it's not coming together well. Will know more by noon.

There was a period yesterday when BOS was AOB freezing and could have accumulated but the bands missed them to the north and south.

The dampening of the forcing as it translated eastward? That was signaled.

Poor boundary layer? Not all that surprising.

But they could have had something like 2" instead of 0.9 had things shaken out a bit better yesterday. That is what I was implying by luck.

Possible but I would have guessed 8-9"

PETERBOROUGH 9.5 624 AM 3/01 NONE

GOFFSTOWN 7.5 734 AM 3/01 NONE

BEDFORD 7.0 709 AM 3/01 HAM RADIO

MERRIMACK 6.5 726 AM 3/01 GENERAL PUBLIC

I'm not buying it yet. They've had weird obs since the beginning of the event measurement wise. I think snownh is measuring for them.

Yes part 1 was supposed to stink, but when you are in a sucker hole with everyone around you doing better than you thought and you are actually doing worse, it is bad luck.

Archived