Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

Best spring ever redux 2?

This reminded me that I now know what a litchfieldlibations February feels like...ORH averages about 6 degrees colder ( a bit less) than a litchfieldlibations February...but since we are around +6 for the month of February, I now what it was like to experience an average February at his place.

Horrific to say the least.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow at the ensembles. Enjoy this, because we all out torch.

Fine with me. I what to euthanize this worst. Winter of my life and move on. I've truly hated this winter...would have preferred endless summer to this abortion. Maybe it was the expectations. I'm heeding out to kill a some squirrels.....

I've been wondering the same thing since yesterday. I keep seeing these posts on huge SREF snows for Maine but then every operational model run has it by half...but they are in good shape to cash in either way...but the SREFs have been way bullish compared to op runs.

What are the srefs seeing? The nam/gfs/ec give you like .80-.90?

They have had me scratching my head as well It will really have rip S++ if we are going to achieve those totals that the mean has, It pretty blustery and plenty cold, So my guess it would come down to high ratios and fluff factor but it still showed a considerable amount of liquid

This reminded me that I now know what a litchfieldlibations February feels like...ORH averages about 6 degrees colder ( a bit less) than a litchfieldlibations February...but since we are around +6 for the month of February, I now what it was like to experience an average February at his place.

and.........here I was cheering all you guys on this month, thanks, thanks a lot Will. Happy Sping.

Fine with me. I what to euthanize this worst. Winter of my life and move on. I've truly hated this winter...would have preferred endless summer to this abortion. Maybe it was the expectations. I'm heeding out to kill a some squirrels.....

I don't want to hear that you didn't eat squirrel meat next fall....if you didn't, I will lose respect for you.

Ok, I will never lose respect for you...but I'll be disappointed.

Lmao.....you guys handle him well.....but like you have said at ur location being +6 for month you still can sneek out a decent event....granted it might not save the winter, but the taste will not be as bad...btw i think you make a run at 10 for the event....congrats will

Instead of 3 months of winter this year which is what we typically get with Dec/Jan/Feb...we were left with less than 1. Hopefully next year is more normal with a solid 3 months until March spring.

This year it appears as instead of March being spring..we move right into summer with widespread 60's and 70s thruout the month.

and.........here I was cheering all you guys on this month, thanks, thanks a lot Will. Happy Sping.

It wasn;t a knock on you...it was stone cold truth as you like to say when it is warm...the stone cold truth avoids any banter.

FACTS.

I'm half joking because some ensemble members had a low well offshore. I've never seen agreement on a furnace like I'm seeing now.

It'll be nice being able to wear shorts..that's the only good I see coming from this. I'll be firing up the lawn thread as soon as the snow melts on Saturday. Can't do it with deep winter today though

It'll be nice being able to wear shorts..that's the only good I see coming from this. I'll be firing up the lawn thread as soon as the snow melts on Saturday. Can't do it with deep winter today though

Before we go into next winter...yes or no...are you going to doubt me again and again when I say that you might sleet? Despite what the Euro says? You are the sleet capital of SNE...and you keep doubting me....the only time you should not expect sleet is when its perfect...like the only time I called it for you...12/13/07 (remember I told you that you would escape it?)....barely...thread the needle.

Otherwise admit you doubted the Tolland sleet magnet.

Well enjoy today. Maybe we can always Tebow a late season storm.

Before we go into next winter...yes or no...are you going to doubt me again and again when I say that you might sleet? Despite what the Euro says? You are the sleet capital of SNE...and you keep doubting me....the only time you should not expect sleet is when its perfect...like the only time I called it for you...12/13/07 (remember I told you that you would escape it?)....barely...thread the needle.

:lol: Maybe you need to take him out behind the wood shed to get your point across

LOL. He'll always try to spin around it...like a DE in football spinning around a lineman to get at the QB. I think he knows, but deep down he won't admit it and just focus on when he flips to snow.

I said all along I would sleet in this storm. I never said it would stay all snow here..if that is what you are referring to. I don't think I ever doubted you..I actually had more zr than sleet from this which did surprise me. even now it;s gone back to freezing drizzle and you can hear the ice crackling on the trees in the wind

Are you going to doubt me that March is not a winter month anymore? Yes or no? How many bad March's do we need before you believe me?

I said all along I would sleet in this storm. I never said it would stay all snow here..if that is what you are referring to. I don't think I ever doubted you..I actually had more zr than sleet from this which did surprise me. even now it;s gone back to freezing drizzle and you can hear the ice crackling on the trees in the wind

Are you going to doubt me that March is not a winter month anymore? Yes or no? How many bad March's do we need before you believe me?

Well like I said.you'll be back and forth all morning, depending on where the lift is centered. That 3-5" is working out real well. Probably my best guess on the storm right now..lol. You may pick up an inch or two, but you may fall just short of 6". We aren't out to debbie you...just callng it as we see it.

And no March is not a Spring month. We may very well have a lousy december next year, but a 20" march. They have and will happen. This isn't a regime change. We've had many Ninas as of late and those usually have a crappy March, but get a Nino and we'll talk again.

I'm not talking about pinging at the height...obviously you said you would...but you said it would go right back to snow during that push between 06z and 12z and you didn't. You stayed sleet/ZR...same thing BTW...mid-level warming. Whether its sleet or ZR. You were too warm to snow in the mid-levels.

As for March...my biggest event of the season in '06-'07 was march...and this year im expecting more snow today. 2009 had a pretty big storm in March....yeah mid March has screwed us recently (sans 2007)....but that is a lot different than calling sleet for your BY. When I call for sleet or ZR in your BY, its because of the synoptic setup....when you call for a snowless March, its pure bunk. March is a snowy month historically...and the second you try and say it has changed, tell me how December worked out for us this year.

Well like I said.you'll be back and forth all morning, depending on where the lift is centered. That 3-5" is working out real well. Probably my best guess on the storm right now..lol. You may pick up an inch or two, but you may fall just short of 6". We aren't out to debbie you...just callng it as we see it.

And no March is not a Spring month. We may very well have a lousy december next year, but a 20" march. They have and will happen. This isn't a regime change. We've had many Ninas as of late and those usually have a crappy March, but get a Nino and we'll talk again.

I truly believe it is a change in how we have known March to be as we grew up. I believe it has turned into an overall mild and springlike month. Not that it won't snow some in some March;s, but overall it is a different climate in March than it was as we once knew it. Again..just my opinion and the more of these warm , snowless March's we have , the more I will be convinced.

Your 3-5 and my 4-7 both worked out great yes

I don't want to hear that you didn't eat squirrel meat next fall....if you didn't, I will lose respect for you.

Ok, I will never lose respect for you...but I'll be disappointed.

They are fit only for slaughter and disposal....the lyin' mutufukas...

Wow, 10z HRRR has 5-6" more here this afternoon. Will or anyone, thoughts on this afternoon? That would double my storm total.

But wow is it close. Gives Tolland less than an inch.

Going to bed for 3-4 hours...I won't even look at it.

I have 1-3" additional for today and I will stick with it. I might bust if the HRRR is correct by the sounds of it.

I truly believe it is a change in how we have known March to be as we grew up. I believe it has turned into an overall mild and springlike month. Not that it won't snow some in some March;s, but overall it is a different climate in March than it was as we once knew it. Again..just my opinion and the more of these warm , snowless March's we have , the more I will be convinced.

Your 3-5 and my 4-7 both worked out great yes

Like Will said, you'll be slapped with a snowy March sooner rather than later and it's not a fluke. Some of it has to due with Ninas that we have been having. So yes there might be some decadal variability with March (depends on ENSO) but there is no climate or regime change. It's the natural cycle of things. In the 80s, the natural cycle was for crapy winters. Going by your logic, someone would have thought that they just aren't going to have winters like they did when they were kids. Of course, things chamged in December 1992.

Archived