pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bouchard appears to be right for Boston and fro the exact right reason.....low level marine taint. I'm tired if losing sleep and precious productivity time tracking nothing.

It's just luck man. We could have had 3.5" if that band produced yesterday like it did to our south. We always had marine taint issues. The second part was to ragged to really do much of anything for us with a marginal layer. Maybe this aftn we'll grab a couple of inches. He was a little low for areas inland all around the city, but the city always had isses.

Just looking at the 00z euro it looked like maybe .2-.25 as snow after 18z for BOS...but never coming down to heavily. With it being in the afternoon we'll see if it is enough to get .5" to avoid futility.

We probably will get that half inch, but storm total of less than 3" will be really bad. Some winters it just wants to snow. This year, it will find a way to screw up, at least in the city. At least we can all agree that the NAM can be a real POS sometimes.

Event totals: 1.4” Snow/0.12” L.E.

Snow started up at the house at ~8:45 P.M. yesterday evening, but it fell at a fairly slow pace overnight. Flakes have often been small, with larger ones at times, so the snow density came in at a fairly synoptic 8.6% H2O (11.7 to 1). Passing through Richmond this morning, it doesn’t appear as though they got any snow from this event, but farther east in Williston near the I-89 rest area it was snowing decently with accumulation on the ground.

Some details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations are below:

New Snow: 1.4 inches

New Liquid: 0.12 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 11.7

Snow Density: 8.6% H2O

Temperature: 28.4 F

Sky: Light Snow (1-2 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 11.5 inches

I guess I'm not too behind. 5.3" on the event, snow depth is a shade under 4.5". It's all dependent on where though. Depth in grass is almost 5" (air pockets ;)), deck is about 4.3", stairs are about 4", driveway is about 2.5".

You also didn't measure in 6 hour increments like i did.

I added .8" to the total based on how much you said it compacted then cleared at 6am for anything that falls today.

And you are still behind by like 1.5"? That is kind of a lot...I know I took a pretty decent head start early on because of elevation...but that seems like a pretty good spread...but it wouldn't surprise me...its been a marginal event.

Just looking at the 00z euro it looked like maybe .2-.25 as snow after 18z for BOS...but never coming down to heavily. With it being in the afternoon we'll see if it is enough to get .5" to avoid futility.

0.4 avoids futiity and 0.3 ties it. 0.2 it's in it's own.

What are the srefs seeing? The nam/gfs/ec give you like .80-.90?

I've been wondering the same thing since yesterday. I keep seeing these posts on huge SREF snows for Maine but then every operational model run has it by half...but they are in good shape to cash in either way...but the SREFs have been way bullish compared to op runs.

Archived