• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

Looks like decent back building on that band...so hopefully this can last a while. Funny how your saying clubbed when its not even SN+...at least here. It is much better then what we've see though.

Its pretty close to SN+ here...not quite...I can still barely make out the one house that is exactly 1/4 mile away...not "shadow" yet...but we prob have 3/8 mile vis right now. KORH airport just went to 1/2 moderate.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! I'll text you on the way back. Is the snow quality decent up there? Wonder how much they have so far and if it's still snowing without being obvious on radar.

Good on both quality and quantity. I don't know if we made it out of the 20's yesterday and have been in the 27-28 range so far in the overnight.

Still snowing now--good flakes and stil snowing--don't let the radar fool you.

Well it was a tough forecast for everyone.

I never did have rain just ice. It's 31.8 and we had zr overnight ..about 1/10 an inch...

Now all snow

You'll be mixing back and forth all morning I think. Still warm aloft for you.

Snow started near spot pond in Stoneham MA. Still stuck to the trees even down there. Snowing hard here now in Andover MA.

It probably was thunder. That stuff that dumped on us earlier was remnants of the T storms that rocked ITH and down into northern PA.

It pushed me up to and now over that 9 inch mark.

SN and 29.6 here now .....

Do they torture you at school?

I woke up to what I'm pretty sure was thunder. At first I thought it was the plow going by but it just boomed and rolled away. VEry heavy snow about 5 minutes later when I got up and flipped on the floodlights.

I noticed that lag as well. Radar isn't picking up the snow that's falling here now though I realize that's a different phenomenon.

The snow is great Chris, you'll have a balast. Drive carefully, the roads are a mess. Slow and steady, speed kills. Let me know what you think of the B'east.

that's a narrow band of lift (aligned n/s) getting ready to move from the worcester hills to the coastal plain...that looks to be the only other shot for snow for my area...maybe i get an inch? but then i'm done...cne on the other hand, you guys are going to have a great day! enjoy!

Very light snow here so im not sure he will go back to sleet/zr

Wow, I'm surprised...the RUC actually has you flirting with sleet until 11am-noon...but its close. When it comes down heavy i wont be surprised if you snow...but you will go back to sleet/ZR i think when it lightens up.

Regardless, hopefully it stays all snow there anyways.

Looks like decent back building on that band...so hopefully this can last a while. Funny how your saying clubbed when its not even SN+...at least here. It is much better then what we've see though.

i noticed that too. anybody looking @ those returns in ny state. wowzer! will really enjoy just watching this play out. 12-14 up in the ne merrimack valley. lock it up.

Good on both quality and quantity. I don't know if we made it out of the 20's yesterday and have been in the 27-28 range so far in the overnight.

Still snowing now--good flakes and stil snowing--don't let the radar fool you.

Yeah, it's coming down at a steady clip despite the radar looking fairly clean.

It probably was thunder. That stuff that dumped on us earlier was remnants of the T storms that rocked ITH and down into northern PA.

It pushed me up to and now over that 9 inch mark.

SN and 29.6 here now .....

Yeah, pretty sure but didn't want to say for sure in case it was a meteorlogical impossibility. I didn't want Will or somebody telling me I was hallucinating.lol Looks like 8-9" new here as well. Just started the truck and in a few minutes the ski shuttle leaves for points north. Hope those that haven't gotten much get it.

you got your big snow...youll end up with nearly 10

This is the same as me saying you can't complain about your winter because you got 3" in a storm. We get a 10" storm almost every winter...its the other stuff that matters. When the highlight of the winter is getting a storm that might give 10" (and I don't think we will reach 10") without a lot of other events....then you know it sucked here.

Hopefully we get an inch or two later. What an epic fail of a season. I can't believe how abused I've been. Yesterday topped it.

Thats why as soon as the sucker hole kept persisting, I knew it was 2111-12 in Boston. Just walked the dog. Rain with some flakes. 33 and raining with a stiff east wind. Almost lost my bag of dog ****.

I feel bad for you dude. Your area has just gotten one huge shafting this winter. We all have ,,but esp you.

Hopefully you get a couple this afternoon.

BOX had 3.2" yesterday..lol. It's like the opposite of last winter. I always stayed low for BOS, but I really felt decent about 3-5". Hopefuly I can make the lower range.

Unreal here in Lexington...maybe an inch on the lawn...roads all wet...not even slushy...34 degrees and rain...Boston still in line for futility and Pete B = genius on this one...I realize his first map had some mistakes out west but his second map was dead on when everyone was calling for at least 3-5 in Boston he said no way...turns out he was right all the way out to 128 and a bit beyond as they are all under 2 at this point. I know that some of you in worcester are saying he was way off for having yo in 1-3 but you were at the far and of the 1-3 meaning he thought you would ge tthe high end of 3 and right now you have 4...so not as horrendous out there as people are saying. Just another huge bust for the entire met community...8 more hours and the record stays in tact....no we Boston pulls another half inch out of this...radar is trash right now...there is no cyclognesis anywhere...meaningless fits and starts all day. Cannot beleive they are cancelling school out here along route 2...there is nothing to even plow. It is the same as a rainy morning. OH well...day off for me

RIP Winter 2011-2012

Still all snow..but light.

How much you think we'll see down here later on? Maybe 1-3?

It's probably because you have lift in the lower levels..probably a bit of upslope. It's a little warm aloft I think for snowflake production.

I honestly haven't looked hard in your area. Hopefully an inch or two down there, but that all depends how this next thing sets up. I could see you kind of getting screwed a bit as the better erly LLJ and inflow sets up more north, but you might have lighter snows pivot south this afternoon.

Archived