pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No sleet with this stuff...just large flakes...but not as heavy as I expected. Ground truth is lagging radar a tad...and its been doing it more and more throughout the night as winds freshen from the east.

Yeah just bigger flakes...but it is nicer to see.

Is BOS still at .9"? I don't want to say it but Bruchard ftw? I have ~5" total. 4.1" depth, not a bad call from yesterdays call. His first call was horrible though, but his second one may end up reasonable.

Yeah just bigger flakes...but it is nicer to see.

Is BOS still at .9"? I don't want to say it but Bruchard ftw? I have ~5" total. 4.1" depth, not a bad call from yesterdays call. His first call was horrible though, but his second one may end up reasonable.

BOS is still 0.9", yes...but they will prob get some this afternoon/evening. If they don't then nice call by PB in BOS...but his call was horrendous for outside BOS...he had us at 1-3 on the 11pm news Feb 28.

Should be good. As you're heading along Rt 2 through Shelburne, I'm in the hills about 1/2 mile north of Rt 2. Enjoy the slopes!

Thanks! I'll text you on the way back. Is the snow quality decent up there? Wonder how much they have so far and if it's still snowing without being obvious on radar.

BOS is still 0.9", yes...but they will prob get some this afternoon/evening. If they don't then nice call by PB in BOS...but his call was horrendous for outside BOS...he had us at 1-3 on the 11pm news Feb 28.

Feb28 was horrendous. His new map had us between 5-8 and 2-5, which will verify here but you may sneak over 8". Did you go 6-10" final? That should work out...I think I will snizzle my way to 6" lol...maybe 7" with some of the afternoon stuff.

Anyway...huge flakes and ripping right now. Wish it could last.

BOS: 37/34

We will know within 12 hours if we achieve futility. It's alive this morning. I'm personally thinking 50/50 shot.

It would be an epic fail if BOS can't get 0.4" this afternoon/evening...it might take a awhile, but I think they actually pick up a couple inches pretty easy very late in the game.

Def a delay on radar now...the increasing LLJ at 900mb will do that...its coming down pretty good right now well after that heavy echo passed us.

Ditto here. I've had heavy echoes over me for the last 2 frames and I'm still waiting to get out of a llull.

Ditto here. I've had heavy echoes over me for the last 2 frames and I'm still waiting to get out of a llull.

The increasing easterly LLJ will def play havoc on weenies expecting snow from radar who are kind of far from the source. I am getting clubbed right now with huge flakes and some of the best snow of the event way after that 30-35 dbz stuff moved over me.

Somebody wake up who ever is still down at the WFO and tell them that there forecasted total map absolutely sucks. Forecasted for 10-14 and I have maybe 3.5". No way I get to 6". Just walked outside and it is a mix of raindrops and flakes out there. I'm kinda dumbfounded that they canceled classes. The roadways are barely wet. O well. This winter can go to hell. Can't wait for the 50s on Saturday and a driving rain. Then playing golf by the following weekend. Thank god.

It's all snow now..Just flipped to 100% snow

Wow, I'm surprised...the RUC actually has you flirting with sleet until 11am-noon...but its close. When it comes down heavy i wont be surprised if you snow...but you will go back to sleet/ZR i think when it lightens up.

Regardless, hopefully it stays all snow there anyways.

Wow, I'm surprised...the RUC actually has you flirting with sleet until 11am-noon...but its close. When it comes down heavy i wont be surprised if you snow...but you will go back to sleet/ZR i think when it lightens up.

Regardless, hopefully it stays all snow there anyways.

Hey I shot ya a message.

The increasing easterly LLJ will def play havoc on weenies expecting snow from radar who are kind of far from the source. I am getting clubbed right now with huge flakes and some of the best snow of the event way after that 30-35 dbz stuff moved over me.

Looks like decent back building on that band...so hopefully this can last a while. Funny how your saying clubbed when its not even SN+...at least here. It is much better then what we've see though.

Their supposed to make the call by 530. The phones ringing...they cancelled..thank god.

Do they torture you at school?

Could be some heavily rimed flakes or graupel from the convection. NLDN had some strikes out by MRG's.

I woke up to what I'm pretty sure was thunder. At first I thought it was the plow going by but it just boomed and rolled away. VEry heavy snow about 5 minutes later when I got up and flipped on the floodlights.

Def a delay on radar now...the increasing LLJ at 900mb will do that...its coming down pretty good right now well after that heavy echo passed us.

I noticed that lag as well. Radar isn't picking up the snow that's falling here now though I realize that's a different phenomenon.

Thanks! I'll text you on the way back. Is the snow quality decent up there? Wonder how much they have so far and if it's still snowing without being obvious on radar.

The snow is great Chris, you'll have a balast. Drive carefully, the roads are a mess. Slow and steady, speed kills. Let me know what you think of the B'east.

A little over 2" up high on the West Mountain at Sugarloaf. No wind at all yet. The flakes are the most perfect flakes ever. Perfect dendrite formation. Hoping it keeps coming up here. With 2+ I'm hoping for the 8" Gray has put out. It 10 degrees out right now.

Archived