pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parts 1 and 2 have sucked for some but part 3 starting from 10 to 1 ish should be good for everyone that isn't too far west. Looks like several inches of snow possible even on the coast. Not sure why more aren't up upbeat about this next phase once we get through this disorganized banded ****.

This PM is a big wildcard...I think we'll know by noontime if it will be good for E MA or not...it def has potential to cure a lot of sins in this event. But if it doesn't then it kind of stinks for coastal areas...even here...I'm kind of hoping we get a couple inches from it.

I could see it giving Ray 4-6" or giving him an additional 1"...they are really unpredictable.

congrats man. Hard to do this winter. Looks like you'll ends up beating me even though I was progged to get more like the whole time. Just doesn't want to snow in SNE this year...hopefully I'll end up with 8"+...but its been a long road struggle in this storm so far.

It started snowing here around 9:00 last night and at 4:30 had only 2.0" to show for it, so it isn't exactly a blitz here. I'm not sold on hitting double digits but I s'pose we'll see how it shakes out. Snowing pretty good right now from what little I can tell with a small flashlight, though.

Looks like about 1.5-2" since I was last awake so maybe ~5" so far. Weirdest event ever...but hopefully wnough to cancel school lol.

Hopefully they wait 20 minutes when we will be getting killed by huge flakes. Then another lull after that.

The dual pol says this line coming at me is a line of sleet...but I know north of 90 is probably not...it must be monstrous flakes with the lift and aggregation.

Can't double quote but I agree we will know by 9 or 10. Nam had a good handle on that band about to hit you. It would curve a band down along the coast for a few hours with most of the good stuff being from the Boston area north. South of there it's much tougher along the coast. If the band forms I think it'll wrap down even my way.

For a lot of people this storm personifies winter this year. Lots of waiting for things to happen.

Dual pol still thinks someting weird is about to hit here and even up to hubbdave in the next 5-10 min....but its likely huge flakes with the heavy band.

Could be some heavily rimed flakes or graupel from the convection. NLDN had some strikes out by MRG's.

With that huge line about to move through....I wish more people were up, I'd like to know if its ripping 1/8 sm snow to my west or sleeting or what.

I'm not far west of you, but I'll let you know...almost guaranteed its huge flakes and no sleet.

Archived