pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, you posted at the same time i did...pretty funny. Its awesome how the radar on dual pol is matching your obs.

Lol, I posted then saw your post.. LOL...... Dual Pol doing a real good job. Large aggregates and moderate sized flakes too. Sleet 10% and some snow grains.

Will, do you think that area in NY and N.PA is for us too today?

Lol, I posted then saw your post.. LOL...... Dual Pol doing a real good job. Large aggregates and moderate sized flakes too. Sleet 10% and some snow grains.

Will, do you think that area in NY and N.PA is for us too today?

I think most of that stuff goes north of us and doesn't necessarily keep strengthening...if we got all that stuff, we'd get like 15" lol...but some of that stuff in PA could get us in a few hours as it hits the increasing LLJ out of the ESE...its not going to be a pretty system, but we will get pulses of precip.

There should be another area organizing in NY later this morning that will start to drop ESE and that will be what we get in the afternoon.

Wow, were getting great snow growth right now...i just went outside and it was big flakes, but I caught a few on my coat and it was well hooked dendrites....not quite heavy as I can still my 1/4 mile landmark but def moderate snow. This stuff is accumulating quickly...if only it could keep up.

Beautiful +SN here now. Got rid of the snow pellets, etc...and just great dendrites. 28.7F.

I think most of that stuff goes north of us and doesn't necessarily keep strengthening...if we got all that stuff, we'd get like 15" lol...but some of that stuff in PA could get us in a few hours as it hits the increasing LLJ out of the ESE...its not going to be a pretty system, but we will get pulses of precip.

There should be another area organizing in NY later this morning that will start to drop ESE and that will be what we get in the afternoon.

Thanks Will . I was thinking " Oh Wow If we got All of that"..lol.

Wow, some parachute sized aggregates out there now mixed with smaller flakes. loosing the PL.

Quick measurement on deck found 4.5 inches fell since this stuff moved in after 1 AM. So my storm total must be up to 9"...dunno what the depth is on the ground though until daybreak.

SN now and 28.7... heaviest of that batch is east and I see it is upsloping pretty intensely against the Berkshires and southern Greens.

6.1" event total, snow depth 5.0"...this last burst was good.

pete bouchard right on the money along the coast

Epic failure away from the coast even outside of 128....though I guess he will be graded by the denser population right near BOS. Event isn't over though...have some stuff to go through this afternoon.

pete bouchard right on the money along the coast

The coast was always meant to suck. But, we had bad luck yesterday. Spots to our south got 3-4" in the same atmosphere. Just sh*t azz luck. Maybe we get an inch or two later, but this current activity did not come together well and that's what we said was needed. That's why yesterday I became more skeptical as time went on. It's never good to rely on stuff coming together perfectly for good snow. A nice way to bust a forecast if that happens, so you have to go conservative. As it was, my thoughts were still too high, although that weenie band to the south would have verified it.

Welp, school and daycare are closed ... I'll be home with the kids and weenieing out to this storm. :)

congrats man. Hard to do this winter. Looks like you'll ends up beating me even though I was progged to get more like the whole time. Just doesn't want to snow in SNE this year...hopefully I'll end up with 8"+...but its been a long road struggle in this storm so far.

The amounts of snow in ern mass are definitely going to be lower than some hoped, but that's why it's important not to think you are getting a block buster in a marginal event. Models like the NAM only make weenies salivate.Hopefully nrn areas make up this aftn,

It looks like a line of Tstorms are approaching here...probably 30 minutes of heavy snow followed by more snizzle...this will be an ugly event, but probably end up getting me to my 8" if the afternoon can tack on a bit.

Archived