pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had better snow growth earlier, but nothing earth shattering. There's a little band to my SW now that is moving ever so slowly toward me. Hopefully that produces better than this precipitating sugar.

Man you guys look real good via radar, starting around 3am..solid wall incoming and looks like it is filling in further sw. Tomorrow morning is gonna be great. Sorry to be missing it.

2.5".

Make the $20 donation, Rick.

Folks need to stop betting me...it's unhealthy for the wallet.

but it is good for the health of the board. I am going to make my $20 donation to the board right now Ray...thanks to you and Mother Nature.

EDIT: donation link doesn't seem to be working. I went to the thread for the annual donation drive. Help? Sorry for OT, please PM if anyone has the answer.

The sleet always finds its way to Kevin...there's a reason he calls his area the sleet capital of SNE.

It does look like it might be trying to sink southward a touch and models do have it sinking a bit below the MA/CT border over the next couple of hours.

Steady snow here...looks like about 3" but still less than an inch on the road.

I just hit the 5" mark...but the snow depth is 4.1"...I cleared the board at 6pm and just cleared again awhile ago.

So my total will be "inflated" compared to sticking a ruler in the ground at the end of the event...these marginal temp and long duration events are where the total will be skewed the most. I kind of wish the minimum required time was 12 hours and not 6h.

That Dual Pol is very neat to look at. It's exactly what's happening here now. Sleet and snow , with more snow now reducing VSBY finally.

40 PL/ 60 snow now.

Round 3 is in E.NY now and movg E.

31.5F

You can see how when the steady precip first moved back in the sleet line was a bit further north and when the solid mass overtook ORH county, the sleet line dropped back south a bit...a little bit of lift doing some work to wash out the northern edge of that warm tongue where it was thinnest.

I'll never forgot about how many times Will shows radar loops about how the sleet line holds just to his south during SW flow events lol.

Somehow Kevin always thinks the next event will be the one that he stays just northeast of the sleet line but it never happens, lol...there's reason he sleets so much.

Somehow Kevin always thinks the next event will be the one that he stays just northeast of the sleet line but it never happens, lol...there's reason he sleets so much.

I would have 3-4" with plain rain in Blackstone...Kevin would have 3" with heavy PL...weatherMa with 5" and PL and you'd have 8" and still ripping aggregates at 2"/hr.

You can see how when the steady precip first moved back in the sleet line was a bit further north and when the solid mass overtook ORH county, the sleet line dropped back south a bit...a little bit of lift doing some work to wash out the northern edge of that warm tongue where it was thinnest.

Yes, that was neat to see that. I was right on that line so that when the heavier came in the sleet fest went back to almost all SN now. awesome to watch. Pretty soon you won't need my obs. anymore.

31.5F

SN and PL

Lol, That is funny Nick.

Really heavy echoes incoming...let me know what you get...the sleet line on dual pol is becoming less defined...almost like a broad brush around the pike...it might be picking up big flakes or a lot of sleet...its hard to tell..or both...its not the fine line it was anymore like the loop i posted.

Really heavy echoes incoming...let me know what you get...the sleet line on dual pol is becoming less defined...almost like a broad brush around the pike...it might be picking up big flakes or a lot of sleet...its hard to tell..or both...its not the fine line it was anymore like the loop i posted.

Okay, I'll let you know.

Now I'm back to a 50/50 SN/PL combo.. Moderate.

SN and 29.3 here now. I think I have added 2 inches since this stuff moved back in, but it looks to me like the best enhanced echoes from this former squall line have been passing slightly to my north/northwest and aiming toward the northern ALB burbs such as Saratoga.

Now there is more in Central NY ...so that will get here I imagine toward dawn.

Certainly not a pretty system, but as long as it's snowing good. :)

SN a

Archived