pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have a handle on where the snow/rain or snow/sleet line will be for the second event? to me it looks like it creeps up mass a few miles and Im right on the line, doesnt look like it makes it as far north as worcester.

It looks like the pike is where it makes it around us, but then collapses S a bit by 4am...of course 5 miles would make a huge difference for you.

too premature for a meltdown?

what a disgusting night out in boston tonight... we did not pick up an inch, and it's all washed away in rain (that 12Z nam/euro did not have making it up to boston)

cpick... you said it correctly earlier, we are sitting at 37/33 with 20+ mph East winds

Halloween 2011 redux so far... if this is it, we finish as we began this sickening winter for boston

yeah sure we may 3-4" once thickness drop, something that itself is looking kinda more delayed and tenuous now... either way, far cry from the 12Z nam/euro output just 12 hours ago...

Models are doing horrendous with that convection in PA/NY...the 1 hour RUC and HRRR can't even see it except as a light area of precip.

Will, How do you think that will translate up in here? I would think one of these short range models are going to have to pick this up or are we going to have to just nowcast the radar trends thanks

It looks like the pike is where it makes it around us, but then collapses S a bit by 4am...of course 5 miles would make a huge difference for you.

Thanks Will, thats what I thought, I got 5 inches from round 1 so Im pretty happy so far, anything else is a bonus.

thanks for the map, I likey

Will, How do you think that will translate up in here? I would think one of these short range models are going to have to pick this up or are we going to have to just nowcast the radar trends thanks

I wish I knew what the consequences of the convection in NY/PA was...but I couldn't tell you...its pretty much just radar watching right now....it does look like its going to deliever some heavy precip to New England at some point later tonight.

I'm surprised they're still going for around 6" in boston metro and even upped southeast Mass a little... must be really banking on Thursday afternoon stuff

Well...even interior areas of SE MA got a couple inches today. Only area screwed with less than an inch was the immediate BOS area/immediate coast (within a few miles of the water)

Well...even interior areas of SE MA got a couple inches today. Only area screwed with less than an inch was the immediate BOS area/immediate coast (within a few miles of the water)

yup at least areas in the wilmington-stoneham area weren't in that screw zone....

my gfather in wakefield measured a bit over 2 inches around 8pm.

I wish I knew what the consequences of the convection in NY/PA was...but I couldn't tell you...its pretty much just radar watching right now....it does look like its going to deliever some heavy precip to New England at some point later tonight.

what a complicated synoptic setup... what is causing that convection? seems too far in ahead of the upper level low

3 phases of sensible weather, multiple mechanisms with widely divergent meso models and TV forecasts...

they don't make old-fashion commahead coastal lows anymore...

Right now we have what looks like sheet drizzle that we get on that upslope east flow in the srping time when its 40F but instead its snow...its like a heavy snow mist out there...and its like wet cement.

Just went out and shoveled a small path to the car for the second time tonight and this time it definitely seemed less fluffy than the earlier batch we had up here. Moderate snow has been redeveloping pretty much right over my head. Looked like it was going to shut off but it hasn't come close yet.

Archived