pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I predicted that back early this morning...I said we'd read a slew of suicide posts from the E MA peeps when they were getting non-accumulating snow or crappy slush while west of them got it better....from 1:44am:

Long way to go in this event.

Lot of folks in a fragile state, Long way is right, I have not even started here, I like what i see in the SW and mid atlantic on radar, Looks like some embedded convection in there

It's never comfortable to mention the potential for blizzard-like conditions when it's on an event that will bring bursts of heavy snow, rather than a more widespread shield of snow. Nonetheless, with a strong onshore wind flow, just enough cold air away from the immediate shoreline, and a strong energetic disturbance aloft colliding with this moisture and cool air, it seems quite plausible for bursts of intense snow - one to three inches per hour in heaviest bursts - from Northern Massachusetts through Central/Southern Vermont/New Hampshire and into Southern Maine during the Thursday morning commute

There you go weenies. From Noyes with love. :snowman:

when is it game on for BOS

and when do you think winds veer from east will...porfavor

Winds will start to turn a bit more northerly around 09z...but not by a lot, maybe a 10-20 degree shift...the real wind shift wont happen until about 18z tomorrow afternoon. It will still snow though before that and stick if that stuff to the west produces...otherwise BOS waits until tomorrow afternoon which is actually probably the most "safe" period to predict accumulating snow for them. They'll pick up snow then...but if they want to try and get something more bullish like 6", then they will need the stuff early this morning to produce.

How do those interact? Is this what Coastal and (I think) Will referred to as the "cold tuck"?

Well its a warm front thats moving north but i think it ends up stalling some where south of you and those waves of LP SW will ride that boundary ENE, That ULL over towards Michigan has not made much progression east from this am and that will have to work its way thru here before the precip ends and that will be quite some time here

Well its a warm front thats moving north but i think it ends up stalling some where south of you and those waves of LP SW will ride that boundary ENE, That ULL over towards Michigan has not made much progression east from this am and that will have to work its way thru here before the precip ends and that will be quite some time here

Thanks Jeff

Off to bed. I probably have to work...

No ski for me :(

Archived