pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah it snowed heavy for awhile.. I have the same here. trees are starting to sag whatever falls rain snow sleet i think there may be some big problems soon

I am shocked, but definitely jacked up about it.....I think most of the weak trees/limbs got shaken out by October....not too worried unless we get another 3-4" of wet stuff and I just don't see that happening.

i'll say it again, no, no, no, a thousand times no. His call(for t-2 and 2-4) had much more territory included than boston and some of those areas stand a good chance of a foot of snow. and, hell and tarnation, the stuff we should really be interested in(boston and points north and west) hasn't even got here yet.Yikers!! the wind will back and the serious stuff will commence. patience.

He had me in 1-3" at this time last night...all of ORH metro actually. Closing in on 5". He had zero accumulation for BOS...0.9" at 7pm...we'll see where they finish when is all said and done. I thought it was a horrible forecast last night and still think it was.

Yeah no matter what falls its just going to add to the weight on the trees though

I am shocked, but definitely jacked up about it.....I think most of the weak trees/limbs got shaken out by October....not too worried unless we get another 3-4" of wet stuff and I just don't see that happening.

I've gone over completely to sleet here. I'm really confused with the radar returns because we've been alternating between light and moderate sleet for some time now--- is this some sort of upslope with the easterly flow? I've seen that before in the Pioneer Valley area.

Precip on the doorstep here,Chewing up some getting the column saturated, Been out all evening, I see it underperformed south of here

I think round 1 if anything over performed aside from a couple localized sucker holes....most people are freaking out over round 2. If you told me we would have had a widespread 3-5" from round 1 across C/W MA this morning I would have been pretty pumped, was thinking I'd be lucky to get 2-3" from it. BOS getting around an inch from round 1 was near expectation.

Some of the tv mets are playing the game of what falls and what sticks are two different things. So a forecast of 4-6" is for the tops of cars I guess. For the record snow never accumulated more than a slimy coating on the sidewalks and streets in these parts. Deck has a bout the 0.9 they said we got.

I think round 1 if anything over performed aside from a couple localized sucker holes....most people are freaking out over round 2. If you told me we would have had a widespread 3-5" from round 1 across C/W MA this morning I would have been pretty pumped, was thinking I'd be lucky to get 2-3" from it. BOS getting around an inch from round 1 was near expectation.

What do you think of Matt Ns 2-3" per hour rates for some tom. morning?

That stuff in PA looks nasty

Just got bits and pieces as i skimmed thru 25 pages quickly, Just seemed like every page i read a couple of post were weenies flipping out, Glad some of you did well, Hopefully some of you guys get in on wave 2 Looks like south of mass may have a hard time snowing just looking at radar

Will, any thoughts on how this second round will take shape tonight?

Models have gone haywire ever since the convection this afternoon formed in the OH Valley...notice how like every run of the RUC has been different the last several hours.

I'm starting to really like the look of the radar over PA...that stuff looks like it has some punch to it...I think when it teams up with some of the moisutre streaming in from the southwest, we could see a pretty nice period of heavy precip over SNE after about 09z.

Just got bits and pieces as i skimmed thru 25 pages quickly, Just seemed like every page i read a couple of post were weenies flipping out, Glad some of you did well, Hopefully some of you guys get in on wave 2 Looks like south of mass may have a hard time snowing just looking at radar

Yeah I predicted that back early this morning...I said we'd read a slew of suicide posts from the E MA peeps when they were getting non-accumulating snow or crappy slush while west of them got it better....from 1:44am:

It could take a while to get going in earnest for E MA tomorrow...so I fully expect some suicide posts while CT is getting it good on the front end thump while its light snow in E MA that has trouble sticking. The real stuff for them will come overnight.

Long way to go in this event.

Models have gone haywire ever since the convection this afternoon formed in the OH Valley...notice how like every run of the RUC has been different the last several hours.

I'm starting to really like the look of the radar over PA...that stuff looks like it has some punch to it...I think when it teams up with some of the moisutre streaming in from the southwest, we could see a pretty nice period of heavy precip over SNE after about 09z.

That's true, the convection across NW PA into W NY looks decent right now. There is little semblance of it on the HRRR. I would love to see it expand across N PA, S NY in the next hour or so

Archived