• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

Watching Pete B's forecast compared to everything else I've read here and seen from other local met's is amazing, good for him for sticking to his guns I suppose.

Just watched the 1030 and he pretty much stuck to it for tomorrow, funny but he had rain Sat and part sunny Sunday while Fox 25 was saying rain on sunday. I mean, WTF is going on?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He (Pete B) could still bust.

You might even still get a couple of inches before noon. Maybe not a great chance, but still..

I guess when every TV met and the National Weather Service has you under a winter storm warning for 4-8 inches..."maybe getting a couple of inches before noon" doesn't exactly verify.

He (Pete B) could still bust.

You might even still get a couple of inches before noon. Maybe not a great chance, but still..

Well with PB if we get to Thursday with nothing new in Boston he's done pretty well.

we'll see, I'm all done though, I think I'll see more falling snow but nothing worthwhile accumulating. I'm pysched for ski country and pissed about the fact that saturday is going to torch.

Just comparing current radar and qpf to the 12z Euro and it's pretty much on target. In the next three hours we really need to see the precip around NYC blossom northward into CT and continue northeastward. Not looking too good to my eyes but maybe it'll happen... Still plenty cold aloft for snow here, just cooked below 925 mb. Case in point, some big fat aggregates are mixing in now with the heavier echos rolling through, obviously still not accumulating.

Just comparing current radar and qpf to the 12z Euro and it's pretty much on target. In the next three hours we really need to see the precip around NYC blossom northward into CT and continue northeastward. Not looking too good to my eyes but maybe it'll happen... Still plenty cold aloft for snow here, just cooked below 925 mb. Case in point, some big fat aggregates are mixing in now with the heavier echos rolling through, obviously still not accumulating.

Good pickup. I see the aggregates.

Not me I'm all done. we may see more falling snow but I doubt we see any accumulations. It's close on the GFS but like I said beyond 12 hours I'm not buying it anyway.

Long as it snows in ski country I'm happy...now if we can squeeze a good Saturday.

Sucks.

...But the north country does look to continue a nice late winter snow trend. Good for them.

temps 35-36 within 5 miles of boston

not sure what type of precip we would need to accumulate at a good ratio/clip

we need winds to turn more NE'rly at least...i think

I am not in Plymouth...I am in Concord, MA. Been under a WSW since early this morning...right now it is above freezing, drizzling, and 1/2 inch of accumulation.

There is a lot more than 1/2 an inch... 2" on grassy surfaces at least... Maybe it depends on what part of town you are in?

Radar looks better, hope Beantown to Ray gets nailed, pulling for that.

R

ay is going to end up doing well in this even if they get porked for a lot of tonight....that stuff tomorrow afternoon is right in the wheelhouse of NE MA...they could get 5" from that alone.

i'll say it again, no, no, no, a thousand times no. His call(for t-2 and 2-4) had much more territory included than boston and some of those areas stand a good chance of a foot of snow. and, hell and tarnation, the stuff we should really be interested in(boston and points north and west) hasn't even got here yet.Yikers!! the wind will back and the serious stuff will commence. patience.

Peter B...historically bold call...and correct. Earlier today people one this board were bashing him relentlessly saying he was doing a "disservice to the public" and "misleading" meanwhile...Tim Kelley is on twitter about 8-10 inches in metro west...who is "misleading now?" Boston has about 1/8 of an inch of snow on the ground right now, it is 36 degrees and raining...what forecast besides his had that?

Archived