pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

I knew you were going, just making fun.

I don't find it super steep, but it is a lot of fun

Well, the really steep trails are the natural trails, and they should be closed

Yea not to steep but fun, like Pete pointed out the other day, VT cut trails. Steep to me is Cannon, SR s Shockwave, Stowes lift line, Sugarloaf.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends. You will be alone, no lines at all, intersting terrain. Private mountain. Old school.

Quite a bit different than Mt Snow. They might be close to 100% open tom. (Mt Snow)

Back to some fat flakes again here

Sounds like well have powder to ourselves at beast while mt snows n face.will be tracked out in an hour. Whatever

Amazing how the precipitation is seamingly repelled by the 128 belt. Has been this way all year. Look at those last few frames and that is what it has been like in metro boston since Feb 2nd of last year...no snowfall over 3.5 inches in Boston in the last five months of meteorological winter....astounding.

I just walked the dog. Absolutely miserably cold light rain. Good night winter of 2011-12 and go f*ck yourself.

Yeah...I'm even bummed here. It just happened so fast....I still can't believe it. I was hoping for an inch or two thought more about a coating. It looked good and was falling and then the warm air surged north very quickly.

GFS is warmer, drier for areas south. Looks fine SNH etc....north country gets hammered.

Watching Pete B's forecast compared to everything else I've read here and seen from other local met's is amazing, good for him for sticking to his guns I suppose.

yup i'm not betting against him

but those calling for more in bos make valid points (here) so it will be fun to see how it shakes out

Peter B...historically bold call...and correct. Earlier today people one this board were bashing him relentlessly saying he was doing a "disservice to the public" and "misleading" meanwhile...Tim Kelley is on twitter about 8-10 inches in metro west...who is "misleading now?" Boston has about 1/8 of an inch of snow on the ground right now, it is 36 degrees and raining...what forecast besides his had that?

Peter B...historically bold call...and correct. Earlier today people one this board were bashing him relentlessly saying he was doing a "disservice to the public" and "misleading" meanwhile...Tim Kelley is on twitter about 8-10 inches in metro west...who is "misleading now?" Boston has about 1/8 of an inch of snow on the ground right now, it is 36 degrees and raining...what forecast besides his had that?

lets wait till Thursday night to jump to conclusions.

Yeah...I'm even bummed here. It just happened so fast....I still can't believe it. I was hoping for an inch or two thought more about a coating. It looked good and was falling and then the warm air surged north very quickly.

Don't you guys still have a chance for snow over the next 12-18 hours? I've got zero radar on my computer right now, so I can't see anything (Freaking thing is having trouble with any animation right now. Nothing a good size 13 boot to the hard drive couldn't fix.).

? forkyfork

Yeah. To be honest I never saw a TV forecast this time. Busy with life things. But that's a great call. Like I said tried to relay something wasn't right when it went to plain rain here way too early...I'm still shocked it got to Boston that fast.

GFS blows. Too dry and warm overnight, colder air slinks south during the day so we get non-accumulating falling snow after lunch. Maybe, and a big maybe things align and we all get it pretty good after lunch but anything beyond 12 hours I'm not betting on. Like Jerry said, FU winter of 2012.

Don't you guys still have a chance for snow over the next 12-18 hours? I've got zero radar on my computer right now, so I can't see anything (Freaking thing is having trouble with any animation right now. Nothing a good size 13 boot to the hard drive couldn't fix.).

Not me I'm all done. we may see more falling snow but I doubt we see any accumulations. It's close on the GFS but like I said beyond 12 hours I'm not buying it anyway.

Long as it snows in ski country I'm happy...now if we can squeeze a good Saturday.

Yeah. To be honest I never saw a TV forecast this time. Busy with life things. But that's a great call. Like I said tried to relay something wasn't right when it went to plain rain here way too early...I'm still shocked it got to Boston that fast.

GFS blows. Too dry and warm overnight, colder air slinks south during the day so we get non-accumulating falling snow after lunch. Maybe, and a big maybe things align and we all get it pretty good after lunch but anything beyond 12 hours I'm not betting on. Like Jerry said, FU winter of 2012.

He (Pete B) could still bust.

You might even still get a couple of inches before noon. Maybe not a great chance, but still..

Not sure who is doing the snow obs at MHT this evening, but they need to check their math and measurements skills.

METAR KMHT 292053Z 08003KT 1/2SM R35/4000V5000FT SN FZFG SCT006 OVC010 M02/M03 A3016 RMK AO2 TWR VIS 1 SLP233 SNINCR 1/1 P0003 60003 T10171028 56018 =

METAR KMHT 292153Z 08004KT 1/2SM R35/4000V5500FT SN FZFG SCT006 OVC013 M02/M03 A3013 RMK AO2 TWR VIS 1 SLP220 SNINCR 1/3 P0003 T10171028 =

METAR KMHT 292253Z 06005KT 1SM -SN BR FEW006 SCT014 OVC023 M02/M03 A3010 RMK AO2 SFC VIS 1 1/2 SLP213 SNINCR 1/5 P0002 T10171028 =

METAR KMHT 292353Z 06005KT 2SM -SN BR BKN007 OVC026 M02/M03 A3009 RMK AO2 SLP207 4/005 P0001 60009 T10171033 56026 =

Could be explained, at least in part, by rounding.

Archived