• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

I was surprised to see my board with 5" on it.

Here's a (crappy) shop.

I suppose that's it for me this year for snow. It's sleeting (maybe even raining) right now. Temp at 33.3F. The day sucked as I was at the office until 8:30. What a waste of a good snowy day. All I could do was turn and look out the window every so often.

Nice bro real nice, lots of 4-5 around us.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why people are getting nervous for Boston. The first round was always supposed to be better for western New England, and the flow was always going to be easterly which hurts shore locations like Logan. Boston has always been in the game primarily from snows from the coastal that is currently forming. 850s are plenty cold to support snow there once heavier precipitation develops from the ULL/coastal, so I don't see a problem in the city getting 3-6" or 4-8", which was all that was forecast anyway.

socks

this is a good point,

and i have been out of the loop last 3 days plus (skiing up north)

However...if i get 3 inches in cambridge i will be pleasently suprised

one of the situations that is fascinating to watch develop is when the atmosphere in one region sniffs out something going on in another region and because of the fluid mechanics involved starts showing effects before a visible connection is seen. i think you are beginning to see that with a more healthy looking radar over eastern se due to the energy that is incoming.

Winds def picking up. Snow is less grainy and more aggregates again, even though the show is still several hours away.

stay up ....3 mo hours ....unless ur workin early.....hope dies slowly and that's a good thing

I think its a positive thing to watch close misses, busts etc etc............I enjoy the pain, the agony. Makes you feel alive and truly appreciate the good times, plus its fun to watch a system like this come together as painfully slow as it maybe.

Brian is great, but his area pisses me off because I'm so jealous.

He avgs like 12" more than I do, but always beats me by like 35". :lol:

Haha I hear that. I really do like your area for this second burst. Of course it will stop snowing immediately after futility is no longer an option ;)

I am gonna go with four here in spfd..its already compacted at least an inch but there was well over four on the grassy surfaces and close to three on the sidewalks at peak. There was another .2 or so after some melthing/compacting this evening but now its just liquid. better than i expected but nothing really special.

doesnt look all that great for later either, i hope it all melts quickly tomorrow and Friday. This winter cannot end soon enough.

Archived