pl0k00n111
    Newest Member
    pl0k00n111
Leap into the Dark Side - Feb 29/March 1 Obs/Discussion/Totals

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah when it goes down like this it tends toe bad. Time to mourn the loss of a winter....

Maybe we can grab some tomorrow afternoon from the inv looking trough. We'll be cold enough for snow so hopefully we can grab a little snow on the backside. I just don't have hopes for late tonight and tomorrow morning. I mentioned this morning about the fear of those echoes not moving north as the HRRR sort of hinted at it but te euro looked great. We'll just have to see how it goes. Thats might fear.

You can see the nam establishes the 850 circulation much further north than the 00z euro did...so not only is it milder but the good low-level moisture inflow and feed is up north.

i'm glad i never really bit on this for Bos proper

wouldn't be suprised to see ray get screwed in this one.

i gotta say....this futility talk is somewhat bizarre. granted from where i am sitting(andover), i don't think i could have hand placed the players in our drama any better than they are turning out but i would say that anyone north and west of boston, and probably including boston are going to do extremely well. and i would widen that out to include anything northeast of a line running from bos to skimrg. that line on radar that was in ohio and western pa has really blossomed and is approaching binghampton now. game on!

Yeah when it goes down like this it tends toe bad. Time to mourn the loss of a winter....

i'm glad i never really bit on this for Bos proper

wouldn't be suprised to see ray get screwed in this one.

I don't know why people are getting nervous for Boston. The first round was always supposed to be better for western New England, and the flow was always going to be easterly which hurts shore locations like Logan. Boston has always been in the game primarily from snows from the coastal that is currently forming. 850s are plenty cold to support snow there once heavier precipitation develops from the ULL/coastal, so I don't see a problem in the city getting 3-6" or 4-8", which was all that was forecast anyway.

I don't know why people are getting nervous for Boston. The first round was always supposed to be better for western New England, and the flow was always going to be easterly which hurts shore locations like Logan. Boston has always been in the game primarily from snows from the coastal that is currently forming. 850s are plenty cold to support snow there once heavier precipitation develops from the ULL/coastal, so I don't see a problem in the city getting 3-6" or 4-8", which was all that was forecast anyway.

I think greater than 4-5 is optimistic. Maybe they get into a good band tomorrow but I'm not sure.

100 percent agree. Too many bridge jumpers, especially if it's not a constant S+ whiteout for 12 consecutive hours :lol:

I was surprised to see my board with 5" on it.

Here's a (crappy) shop.

I suppose that's it for me this year for snow. It's sleeting (maybe even raining) right now. Temp at 33.3F. The day sucked as I was at the office until 8:30. What a waste of a good snowy day. All I could do was turn and look out the window every so often.

Archived